- Sep 24, 2015
- Reaction score
Howdy from Texas Y'all! I've been brewing cider for quite a few years now. One thing I've noticed over the past few years is that I get a pretty bad hangover when I drink much of my cider. I'd appreciate any advice on reducing the hangover from my cider. Here is my recipe:
- Juice - I've used Messlemans fresh pressed, Trader Joe's fresh pressed, wally world not from concentrate, and a few other organic/fresh pressed/not from concetrate...
- Sugar - I usually add about a pound or more of organic cane sugar that I dilute into one of the gallons of juice over low heat (is it the sugar rather than using the finely ground stuff from the home brew store?)
- Yeast - Champagne yeast usually
- Nutrient - I usually add a bit of yeast nutrient to the mix once I add the yeast
- I've done campden before, but it doesn't seem to matter (maybe I'm wrong, so help me out...)