Cider from concentrate question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyro

Reaction score
I've found some threads on this forum that are similar to my question here, but it seems like no one really gives a direct answer. I've found

some cider @ my a local grocery store and I'm unsure if I can use it...or if I can, how it will come out since it's partially made from concentrate.

It is "Old Orchard 100% Apple Cider" in a 1 gallon jug. It also states on the front of the bottle "All Natural & Preservative Free". On the back it

says "Contains 100% Juice" with the ingredients being exactly as follows. Ingredients: "Filtered Water(only sufficient to reconstitute apple

juice concentrate), Apple Juice, Apple Juice Concentrate.

I'm guessing it will ferment ok since it claims to have no preservatives, but it does'nt say anything about pasturization anywhere on the

bottle, and it has an expiration date of 15 OCT 08. No preservatives and not pasturized? How is this possible? What do you think this will

taste like? (Thinking of trying the "Wassail recipe"). Any thoughts?

i used 1 gallon jugs of old orchard on my most recent apfelwein, it doesnt have preserves in it itll work just fine

Latest posts

Back