Chugger stainless housing in March pump - issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burdbrew

Reaction score
Friends,

I have tried searching, and I can't find a similar instance of my problem. I bought the full stainless housing from Chugger to put in my second March pump. I have had success on another pump with this configuration.

I am having issues getting the housing aligned so that the impellor will spin. It's almost like the pump head is too tight to the female motor piece. It seems like the pump head fits so the motor piece won't spin.

I am thinking I may need a spacer of some kind, but I'm wondering, has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks....

On the back side of the magnet cup, there is a hex screw holding the cup to the shaft (pardon the amateur photography). Arrow is pointing at the screw cap. I pulled that screw, and the cup does not release from the shaft. I'm reluctant to use much force.

I'm thinking your telling me that I should be able to adjust the cup to accommodate the pump housing, correct?

Hex Screw.JPG

Latest posts

Back