Chuck e cheese rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autobaun70

Reaction score
Was convinced to attend my nieces 5'th birthday party, from which I write this post. Said party is 3 hours from home. The convincing line was, "how bad can it be, they serve beer and wine, says so right here on their website." Fast forward to my arrival, only to find out that beer and wine is at the discretion of the franchisee, and that evidently this particular one doesn't think that it is appropriate around the kids. Judgmental a$$hole.

Now pondering if it would be appropriate to sneak out to the car for a bourbon, and if the paper fountain drink cups would contain it without falling apart.

I don't want to sound like an a-hole, but: Bwahahahahahahhaa!!!!!! you got the bwahahahhahaa!!!! that's almost as funny as a little guy punching a big guy in the nuts!

They serve Bud and maybe Bud Light at the one near me. No way in hell I'd drive 3 hours to go to a Chuckie Cheese. I'd need to be getting something else pretty good out of it.

What kind of wine goes with cardboard pizza, animatronic animals, 20 year old arcade games, and skeeball? I suspect it comes in a box... Or it's Boone's Farm.

I choose to drink before and/or after kid's parties.

My daughter had her birthday party with her friends yesterday. A dozen 9 year olds running amuck in a swimming pool for 4 hours.

Came home. Had two coconut rum eggnogs chased by a couple beers.

Felt much better afterwards.

What kind of wine goes with cardboard pizza, animatronic animals, 20 year old arcade games, and skeeball? I suspect it comes in a box... Or it's Boone's Farm.

I choose to drink before and/or after kid's parties.

My daughter had her birthday party with her friends yesterday. A dozen 9 year olds running amuck in a swimming pool for 4 hours.

Came home. Had two coconut rum eggnogs chased by a couple beers.

Felt much better afterwards.

I enjoy the kids parties at a swimming pool in the summer where I can drink copious amounts of summer shandy (no shame) during, throw basketballs at their heads and not have to pay any attention to them.\

I'm not that bad of a person. We all have fun, right?

Hard to feel to sorry for you. I mean, it's Chucky Freaking Cheese's... What else would you expect? Stale Budweiser wouldn't have made things any better for you.

Yeah, we went to the one in North Olmsted when my older son was in cub scouts. It was just like you said, Tex. Lousy pizza & average at best beer. Like a rave up for little kids. Lord, I couldn't wait to get outta that place. Haven't been back since. Cheesy chucky's would be more like it...:drunk:

Get on YouTube and search "chuck e cheese fight" and just enjoy there is also plenty of videos of kids going wild in there. Make sure RDWHAHB a couple back first for maximum lulz.

I have successfully raised one child to the age of three without him ever setting foot in one. The other 2 were addicts and they turned out TERRIBLE.

j/k I have awesome kids.

I've been to Chuckie's house a time or two. To be honest, the pizza was bad, the beer was barely adequate, and I STILL had a good time!

What's the trick? Pretend for a couple of hours that you are not a F$%^ng adult and have FUN. Be there and be with the kids helping them have a good time.

It ain't about you, it's about the birthday kids. Play with them. Teach them how to roll a ball. Help them get more ticket so they can get more crap from the toy counter. Laugh with them.

It's also how you get to become the "Favorite Uncle"!

Frozen pizza and skee-ball? I can live.

Plus the kids have fun, I always figure I can suffer for a couple hours if my kids are enjoying it. And it helps satiate my Peter-Pan complex of not wanting to grow up.

Then I have also earned a few guilt free beverages when we get home.

Yeah, it's definitely about the kids. I had to keep telling myself that during the controlled insanity. They enjoyed it & I did in fact get'em more tickets.

Not to detract from your pain, but a few years back my cousin got married. She lives in South Carolina, and we drove there for her wedding. By the time you add up the gas money, the hotel stay, and the wedding gift, it was a fair chunk of change. When we got to the reception, we found out it was a "dry" wedding. No mention was made of this until that time.

Our entire side of the family is drinkers, and it turns out the vast majority of the grooms side was too. We ended up getting a bunch of beer and ice down the road, and literally had a party in the parking lot with about 50 of us.

Turned out to be one of the best receptions I have ever attended. Kinda felt bad for my cousin, but she should have known better.

Play skeeball. If you always aim for the "100" or "100,000" cup you'll get the hang of it after a few games and you can crack the jackpot and give the kids like 300+ extra tickets each time...

Yes, i have 3 kids and they all love CEC and their friends parties are there, too.

Of course, mine serves alcohol, so it's more bearable. I kind of like it, getting to be the hero Dad with 500+ tickets and all :)

Our wedding was dry. I wouldn't have preferred it, but a lot of my side were non-drinkers (officially). A good number of her side were not opposed but we decided to just have it dry. Turned out ok.

It's amazing how stupid some people can get without alcohol!

I don't think I've been to a dry wedding reception since then though. Couple beers never hurts. Couple large beers and many shots of apple pucker and Jim Beam can REALLY hurt though! I'd like a do-over at my friend's wedding...

Now i have to admit i took my kids there a number of times when they were little and usually brought their uncle with. We always had a good time and the beer helped. They changed the pizza crust to some inedible brown flat whole wheat crap some time in the last 10-12 years or so . Even with that i have taken my granddaughter a couple of times.

That crust is bad. I know people that prefer it. I just stare in disbelief.

I have often said I haven't had bad pizza in my life, but I was obviously not thinking of Chuckie's pizza. It really is the worst pizza I've ever had and that's a hard distinction to achieve.

I have often said I haven't had bad pizza in my life, but I was obviously not thinking of Chuckie's pizza. It really is the worst pizza I've ever had and that's a hard distinction to achieve.

In all fairness to them, I did eat it. Multiple slices, multiple times, but it's just to keep my belly from getting angry with me.

Back