Christmas beer sugestions anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead_brewer

Reaction score
Hi guys, been doing homebrew for almost 6 years now, some for my friends, for my wife even for my mom, and obviously for myself but i never have done one specially for me to drink in christmas season i always end drinking what i have available or even buying commercial bottles, but i don't know what beer to do, i like big bold beers but i think is too late for RIS, Abbey, baltic porter etc. So any sugestions of a beer strong and bold enough that can be ready in a month something starting in the 8% ABV maybe, i'll go buy supplies this weekend and i would like to bring something to brew this one, please some help will be really apreciated .

If you keg you could knock out an imperial stout loaded with chocolate, coffee and vanilla character and have it ready by the first day of Christmas.

If you bottle, you're pretty much screwed for anything massive, the conditioning time will kill you.
Not sure what I'd recommend other than maybe some spiced ale?

Cheers!

If you keg you could knock out an imperial stout loaded with chocolate, coffee and vanilla character and have it ready by the first day of Christmas.

If you bottle, you're pretty much screwed for anything massive, the conditioning time will kill you.
Not sure what I'd recommend other than maybe some spiced ale?

Cheers!
Yeah i do both keg and bottle and that sounds like a very good idea to consider, thanks

I have one conditioning right now called Fruitcake Barleywine. It's about 84% 2 row, 2.5% caramel 90L and invert #3 at around 5%. The hops are Magnum at 60 minutes for an IBU of 20.Then the Christmasy part is approximately 4% candied mango... 4% candied pineapple and for my small batch (2 - 2.5 gallons) at 10 minutes. At five minutes into the boil I added 1 tsp each; crystallized ginger - cinnamon powder - nutmeg - and cloves. I bottled it about a month ago and it tasted awesome! I will crack a bottle or two this Christmas and cellar the rest for Christmases to come.

I do a Christmas Porter every year...well, I kinda have to do it every year or some of my family might riot. American Porter with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and some cocoa nibs. Just cracked one of the 2019 batch. Tastes good, will be really good by Christmas.

Thanks everybody for your ideas, i finally opted for a imperial stout with some vanilla, cacao nibs, nutmeg, coffee beans, a mix of smoked chiles and oak chips soaked in bourboun, it has about a week in primary by now, and i'm about to transfer to secondary tomorrow and start the adition of the adjunts it has 8.2% ABV and a FG of 1.025 let's see how this little baby turns out :rock:

I'm intrigued by smoked chilis and oak chips. Please let us know how this turned out.
I had a recent post asking about a holiday ale. I opted for a simple strong ale with a hint of sweet orange peel and cinnamon which turned out to be a hit so far with the holiday gatherings.

Back