Chinese All in One system, opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post the actual website or better link please. Clicking that shady link, admittedly going to Chinese doesn’t instill the warm fuzzies.

Not a big deal... That's AliExpress, an extremely popular Asian shopping aggregator akin to Amazon. It's publicly traded under symbol BABA.

Well, that's a good question. I presume that I'm on my own in that case. ;)

for the cost of shipping & cost of the unit you might be better buying a Brewzilla or Anvil's Foundry - not much cost savings when adding $93 to ship -

Hmm .. according to reviews it doesn't look like quality product. Couple review (sorry , auto-translation):

“Of the big cons are the hopper mounts for the sparging position. They are very flimsy. There are only 3 of them, one was shifted and miss a base. Plus all of them very flimsy in themselves and purely fixed by spot welding.
During first brewing one of the fasteners broke off, and I was forced to use some pieces of wood to finish sparge somehow. So my advice to you is, solder or weld all fasteners along the contour at once. I just soldered it with tin solder wire, and I also put the broken mount on the rivets.”

“The metal is very thin. It can be easily bent with a finger and when you open/close a faucet you should hold it by other hand otherwise boiler’s wall start bending The boiler cover does not fit exactly . You need to make an effort to make it sit in place because lid is circular but boiler is elliptical. Fortunately, the metal is thin, and you can make a circle from the ellipse with your hands. The grain bin is also elliptical instead of a circle. Temperature sensor located near hot bottom and reading shifted higher. “

Anvil brewing is $470.00 + free shipping from in the USA. Tech support & customer service from an office in the USA. If there is any savings, I do not see it.

Certainly the path to getting solutions and answers is more arduous with a product that originates from China.

This one is a no brainer for me. I do not think I would buy the unit linked in the OP at any price.

If one lives in Europe like me, there are least 50 more percent costs which should be added to that price.

Mentioned system could be sent from Belgium, one of EU members, so it's $478 with free shipping and no extra costs.

I tried this with a Drone good price and advertising. Problems arose with ISO App USA., very helpful if you like to correspond with them every day after 3 Mo. They agreed to replace Drone. Shipped from N.J. USA and free shipping. Gave me China address to return at my cost. Over $85 Dollar. The point here is you are on your own!! I checked out all electric brewers and you should stay away from a costly item and be able to get help. Just sayin.! I am new to brewing did wine 30 yr. First time was grate with my Brewzilla . The China government pays postage for the products sent to other countries, you pay for return. Just an opinion from being burned!!

Well, little bit of brainstorming came to this one.
Capacity is still enough to make one keg by using no sparge mashing technic.

I am very happy with my foundry. To be honest most of these systems are ultimately Chinese, but I like that I get the support if needed. I also like that there are a lot of others using the same system. The walls are not the thickest, but they are also not so thin that they get dented easily. I have had no problems with the spigot. I have a few Anvil kettles that are built like tanks, and the foundry is not up to that level, which might be why some rag on its wall thickness. I doubt anything you buy from Alibaba will be any better in quality.

Back