Chi Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amen Brother.... My deleted post was on the topic, but it was also censored. But I guess a vendor subscription trumps a premium supporter subscription. It all seemed very Orwellian to me. Censorship doesnt build trust

Back to the original topic Their customer service is horrible.

They try to keep the Vendor Showcase threads about what vendors are selling.

Leave criticism and strong opinions out of Vendor threads. Flaming and criticism will not be allowed at all.

We have a place to ***** and moan in the Company Review threads. ;)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/beware-chi-company-315647/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/chi-company-284570/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/chi-company-attn-matt-307228/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/chi-company-302544/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/chi-company-284570/

Thank you for your concerns,

My name is Richard and I have been given the job of internet communications here at The CHI Company.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM us.

Thank you,
Richard

I have bought from CHICompamy many times in the past and have never had issues. The only thing I ever noticed was that he didn't get in tje cheap conicals. I don't see that as a reason to biitch about a Seller. Anyway, I have had great experiences dealing with them.

We were censored because we were off-topic in the thread, which according to the rules that we signed up for, is a violation. No big deal, but we should have posted any concerns we had with this company in the correct Vendor Reviews forum.

This thread should be moved there as well.

Yep. Also, keep in mind that it's only fair that people post ONLY about their own experiences with a company, Vendor or not. Honest reviews (good or bad) are welcome. Saying, "I heard..." or "They act like a jerk" or whatever is NOT a review.

Being honest about a transaction with a Vendor helps us all, and we value that in this forum. (Or even a non-vendor, come to think of it!)

They try to keep the Vendor Showcase threads about what vendors are selling.

Yes, that is a place for the Vendors to give updates on sales, promotions, etc. No one wants to read through 50 other posts, positive OR negative, to find out that faucets are on sale through June 15.

In the company reviews, honest reviews of transactions are never moderated or deleted.

Of all the vendors I've purchased from tgat are listed on HBT they are the worst. I make it a point to not even consider them. So, for me, they are below WalMart.

I've purchased from them a half dozen times. The company is definitely "loose" and, presents itself with a rather childish air. That said, I have overall been very pleased with what I have bought from them. If I am doing an important batch of beer using White Labs yeast, I always buy it from them.

Pros:
  • Selection
  • Prices
  • Best way to get really fresh White Labs yeast at reasonable prices I have found to date.

Cons:
  • Annoying crusty old website

I have no experience with their customer service.

Hi Everyone,

In CHI's defence, I live in Sydney Australia and I ordered a Perlick 575SS tap, a 4" shank and some other bits and pieces (btw, sooo much cheaper than her in Australia, you guys have all the luck). My order was placed on the 23rd of June and I received it today the 4th of July. Shipping was with USPS and cost less than $20. To be honest I thought their service was great I got what I asked for and in a very short time frame. Here in Australia I pay the same in freight charges and wait a week for a small part to travel from one state to the state next door. I have no complaints and will be using their services again and would not hesitate to recommend them to my fellow brewers here in Australia.

I'm from Brazil and I'm making my second purchase with Chi Company.
In the first purchase I had no problems, I am very satisfied with the service.
They have a wide variety or varieties of products and the price is very good.
Chi Company I'm recommending to my friends here in Brazil.

TKS CHI :mug:

Well what a difference a month can make!

After my first successful order with Chi Company, I decided a few days later to purchase some other items from them (as some of them are unavailable here in Australia), as I noticed on their website they will match any competitors pricing, I rang Matt and asked if they can source an item I was after from Micromatic and what would be the price, we discussed this and all was fine. I then sent an email to Matt saying I had cheaper pricing on a couple of items and would they match them. After about 2 weeks and no reply I figured maybe the best thing to do would be to just place the order and put the site address for the price match items in the comments box like I read to do on their website. So after a week with nothing, I ring and talk to Matt, he gave me a reason why nothing had happened, but told me he would take care of it. Another week goes by and still no change to the situation, so I ring Matt, he promises he will send me an email within half and hour, but it never arrives, I ring the next day, he apologises and promises to send an email within half an hour and even guarantees me that he will do it right after he organises an order for Brazil, once again it never arrives. So today I ring again and Matt tells me "Oh, didn't you get it" I will send it again right now, after an hour I send an email from another address to the one he has and it arrives inside 5 mins, I try their online support and although it says they are online, I get told no-one can answer me, I decide to ring again, no response, I rang 7 times, 6 times the phone rang out and the last call went to an answering machine.
So I have now sent my final email telling Matt he can cancel my order and that whilst I am more than willing to praise people and businesses when they act with honesty, integrity and courtesy, I am also more than willing to warn others if those businesses are found to be disrespectful, discourteous and treat the customers who keep them in business with contempt.

So as a warning to anyone else contemplating dealing with Chi Company, I can categorically state that my latest experience with this business has been my worst experience in the many years I have been buying items from overseas businesses. To say their service was bad is a gross understatement and my advice to anyone who is looking at dealing with Matt and Chi Company, do yourself a favour and go elsewhere.

Yours In Beer.

The Chicompany
excellent service, quick response to my question, good service in the shipping and tracking the order, I highly recommend it.
I order a soda fountain system.

1 Cornelius Primary Regulator w/ Cage
4 Home Soda Syrup
Jar
4 Home Soda Syrup Pump
1 Cold Plate•Cold Plate - Cold Plate
1 McCanns BIG MAC CARBONATOR
1 Home Soda & Water Faucet/Draft Arms•Home Soda - DraftArm - 12C03105

I made a purchase from CHI on Friday, 8/3, of a few kegging related items, plus a cornelius regulator to replace a failed one from my dual setup.

The bulk of the items were shipped very quickly via USPS and I received them on Monday, 8/6, all in good order.

The regulator and a gas valve were dropped shipped from FOXX Equipment in Denver and arrived via UPS on Thursday, 8/9, all in good order.

I consider this a positive transaction with this company and will order from them again, when the need arises.

Now for the disclaimer. My online receipt contained the following text:
"----------

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
RECIEVE A 2.5% REBATE FROM THIS ORDER -AND- A 5% DISCOUNT COUPON FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER, BY HELPING US!
A childish, vindictive customer that had to wait 12 days (from order date) to get his drop-shipped order from a keg manufacturer is posting negative comments on beer forums.

WE NEED POSITIVE POSTS ON www.homebrewtalk.com / Company reviews / The CHI Company
Leave positive feedback, (must be a registered member)
Email us a screenshot of the post (press Ctrl + Print Screen then PASTE into email) and we will rebate 2.5% of this order back to you AND email you a 5% discount code for your next purchase, good for one year.
Post a positive comment in any other forum to receive a 5% discount code.
----------

THANK YOU,
The CHI Company
"

Of course, I may ultimately lose my discounts, having posted the above quote. But, my integrity trumps any discount. ;)
BTW, I sincerely hope that I haven't crossed the line by posting this review with the promise of a discount. :confused:

Again, I had a very good transaction with The CHI Company.

They were removed as a site vendor. The site admin has been notified of their plea for HBT support.
Removed today? Was my post the last straw? I hope not.
Oh well, I guess I won't be expecting that discount.;)
I sincerely hope I don't get banned as a customer of CHI Company.:(
They do have decent prices and a good selection.

Im posting to support with chi co. I am just a customer, with an unbiased review. I have placed over 500 or so dollars with this company over the years. the 2 or three times I had any issue with an order, they did everything they could to fix it fast without any burden on my part. one order I placed was four curved shanks for a 4 tap tower setup. 6 months later, when that project failed and got switched to a keezer needing straight shanks, they sent me a prepaid return label to return the unused shanks with NO restocking fee, NO charge in shipping back, and sent me out the straight shanks and I happily paid the cost difference. the same story happened when I ordered the wrong size "T" valves on accident. very helpful guys. I didnt get stuck with 4 ss shanks that I couldnt use. THAT alone is a life saver.

I saw they offer a small discount for posting feedback on this thread. I told them even without the small discount, I would've helped them out and return the favor to them to get their name out there.

Really SLOW shipping and the Charge was very high! Ordered with 2 day - took them 3 days to even pop it in the mail - for in-stock item. Shipped directly from CHI - so they can't blame one of their many 3rd parties.

NOTE from the bottom of the confirmation E-Mail -

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
RECIEVE A 2.5% REBATE FROM THIS ORDER -AND- A 5% DISCOUNT COUPON FOR YOUR NEXT ORDER, BY HELPING US!
A childish, vindictive customer that had to wait 12 days (from order date) to get his drop-shipped order from a keg manufacturer is posting negative comments on beer forums.

WE NEED POSITIVE POSTS ON www.homebrewtalk.com / Company reviews / The CHI Company
Leave positive feedback, (must be a registered member)
Email us a screenshot of the post (press Ctrl + Print Screen then PASTE into email) and we will rebate 2.5% of this order back to you AND email you a 2.5% discount code for your next purchase, good for one year.
Post a positive comment in any other forum to receive a 4% discount code.
----------
THANK YOU,
The CHI Company

PS - I did contact CHI and asked about the slow shipping - 3 days ago - and have had no response. I guess they believe in Bribe-Service - not Customer-Service!!!

How nice of CHI to respond to my concerns about shipping - it just took them 6 days to respond and then they blamed a 3rd party.

There service is even worse than their shipping!!!

Stay AWAY!!!

I got no problem with CHI. The more competition the better. I have had lots of orders with them with no problems. Spent $1000's with them. They have good selection and their own way of operating that keeps costs down.

I also don't really care for people that demand low cost products and free to low cost shipping, e.g., "something for nothing." The drop shipping isn't as reliable--but it's cheap! If you want something overnight--pay overnight rates.

If you want perfect customer service--GO TO YOUR LOCAL HOMEBREW SHOP! You'll pay for it, and feel then you can feel good about it.

If you act like a jack ass as a customer--expect to be called out on it, i.e., being called "childish."

I have posted in this thread before, but I recently just placed another order with chicompany. Even though my order consisted of over 30 items it only weighed 1/2lb. They called me to change my shipping option to first class mail and refund me half of my shipping costs. Great customer service if you ask me. I also was looking for a product they don't carry and they gladly steered me to another vendor. That says they have your best interest in mind. I hope people realize they aren't really a homebrew supplier, they are a beer/soda industry supplier and stock 100 times more parts than a homebrew shop. I'm sure it's a little harder to keep inventory straight and have issues sometimes.

As I posted in my original thread here, I will never do business with them again. Everything is a bowl of roses until there is a problem and then you will wish you NEVER used these guys. I have yet to find anything they have, that I need, that I can not get from a MUCH better vendor. When what I ordered arrives (it still has not) I may stop posting up negative things in this thread but until then I have NOTHING good to say about them and would warn EVERYONE to stay away.

Is the company still operating? I tried sending an e-mail to the contact addy ([email protected]) and it bounced. Tried calling this morning and again this afternoon; phone rings and rings, no answer.

Is the company still operating? I tried sending an e-mail to the contact addy ([email protected]) and it bounced. Tried calling this morning and again this afternoon; phone rings and rings, no answer.

Site is still up, but that doesn't mean much. IMO, the lack of communication/response from them is par for the course. Look up the comments about them and you'll see how many have the same (or pretty much the same) experience.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're getting ready to close up shop. Or, they're simply no longer selling to people at the homebrew level.

I placed an order from Chi Company about a week ago, and I got a message saying that the fittings I ordered would not fit together as a warning. I'm glad they paid attention to that and warned me, instead of putting the order through and forcing me to return items. They worked with me in finding the right fittings and voided my previous order and placed a new one for the new fittings. I haven't received shipping notice yet, but if the parts arrive in an acceptable amount of time, I'd have to say I would be overall pleased with my experience with them.

Posting here to say I recently had a positive experience with Chi Company. Ordered some fittings for for a bulkhead co2 line for my keezer. Shipping was fast and at a reasonable rate.

My two experiences with Chi company have seem to come before and after all of the bad press they got on here. My first order was in 2010 and had no issues, while my most recent was a few weeks ago, and after having a very informative 20 minute phone call with Matt, I was able to put together a CO2 bulkhead for my keezer which was 4 or 5 parts.. I ordered Friday afternoon and it arrived Monday. Overall I was very happy, and intend on making another order shortly. I guess they had a rough period there from 2011 to 2013 or so, but perhaps they've fixed these issues.

I ordered from them a couple months ago, and I was very satisfied. It was right before the website changed to it's (much more usable) current state, and I experienced some difficulty completing the payment for my order due to the impending website changeover, but was helped promptly and efficiently via their onsite chat plugin. My order shipped quickly. Aside from the fact that they have ALL of the ridiculous hardware you could think of when assembling your kegerator, their prices are very competitive, as well.

Back