cherry chips in secondary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HItransplant

Reaction score
anyone have any experience "dry hopping" with cherry instead of oak chips?

i just dont have any idea how much to use.

if someone can help me with a suggested amount I should use.. and a suggested time to let the beer soak on the chips.

thanks again HBT.

i would say.. first we need to know what your putting on those chips. recipe. style.. a little more information...

especially volume.

i would be very interested in what cherry brings to flavor..

i would say.. first we need to know what your putting on those chips. recipe. style.. a little more information...

especially volume.

its an imperial stout and ill be doing a small 1 gallon test batch.

I guess I figured volume shouldnt matter, since theoretically, recommendations could be scaled to whatever volume. Usually things are in a xxx/gallon or xxx/liter anyway.

does that help?

especially volume.

its an imperial stout and ill be doing a small 1 gallon test batch.

I guess I figured volume shouldnt matter, since theoretically, recommendations could be scaled to whatever volume. Usually things are in a xxx/gallon or xxx/liter anyway.

does that help?

I even answered the question.. anyone else have a suggestion

one gallon of RIS.

how much cherry? I feel like 1-2 oz per 5 gal is the standard for oak...will this work?

Have never used cherry wood, so can't say. But, I think you're taking the right approach for an experiment like this - start with what you know you like for oak chips and do a small batch with the cherry chips. Adjust from there.

Back