Cheese pairing attempt round 1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastAndy

Reaction score
I have some family coming into town this weekend, they are normally not very adventurous with beer. I am hoping that by setting up a cheese and beer tasting i can get them to try some different things that they normally would not.

First up, Whole Food's Rum Runner cheese-Mild, almost American cheese flavor, paired with BJ's Blonde Kolsch style and possibly FW Velvet Merlin.

Second, A 3 month Manchego-Grassy, fruity, hay notes with Deschutes Pine Mountain Pils. Possibly an IPA as well.

Third, A middle of the road Gruyere-Nutty, slightly fruity with Stone Arrogant Bastard and Samuel Smiths Nut Brown.

Lastly a 2 year old really sharp English Cheddar with Lagunitas IPA followed by Ballast point Sculpin.

Should be fun. Hopefully I get my mom to actually try these aggressive beers and appreciate them a bit.

Good luck. The life of a beer evangelist is one of frustration and disappointment.

One of the few things I've learned on this planet is to enjoy things alone, which I'm particularly equipped to do.

I hear ya. if it doesn't go well I'll just kick them out and have some killer cheese and beer to myself.

Back