Cheers from San Diego

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veng

Reaction score
I have been into this madness since last century, '96 in varied forms.
Currently, my rig is three modified kegs on a unistrut sculpture
and several fermenters. I really struggle to keep automation
out of the process as much as I like that stuff. Glad to see other
enthusiasts and troublemakers out there!

Hello, I am new to this forum also... I am ALSO from San Diego, been home brewing for about 3-4 years now.

I am interested in joining some brew clubs in San Diego, if anyone knows any good ones. I am specifically from the North County. So the closer the better.

Holy crap, another from San Diego. Seems like we've had half a dozen guys from San Diego join since I got here several months back.

We need to have a brew session.

Who'd a thought people in San Diego like good beer? I've been out here for a little over 4 years now and I too am lookin for a home brew club in the area. I live in Serra Mesa so any thing close would be great. Hell even if your not in a club let me know, maybe we can have a brew-out or swap....who knows.

Cheese & Crackers. If I lived in San Diego, I'd be hanging out at HomebrewMart on Saturdays drinking tasters all day and volunteering homebrew advice.. What a place!

I'm up in Encinitas and am part of the Barley Literates. There's a meeting tomorrow night (Wed. May 21) at Stone that I may or may not be able to go to. We meet upstairs, just look for the big group with the growlers on the tables. I bet there will be a lot of chat and pictures of the SoCal Homebrew Festival a couple weeks ago. Let me know if any of you are going and I'll keep an eye out for you!

The Barley Literates and The Barley Engineers both meet at Stone (usually, we have field trips sometimes). I believe the Literates are every 3rd Wednesday, and we are every 1st Wednesday.
Feel free to come by to both. Very good folks in both clubs. You can come to a couple meetings and then decide if you want to sacrifice the massive dues ($25 a year with the Engineers, probably similar at the Literates :cross:)

I joined the Barley Engineers shortly after I posted on this topic, great group and a lot of fun. Learned a ton also.

Welcome aboard Veng.

I'm with you. Buttons are for microwaves. Give me a manual burner, a mash paddle and a siphon any day.

...unless someone wants to give a way a brutus 10... :D

Cheese & Crackers. If I lived in San Diego, I'd be hanging out at HomebrewMart on Saturdays drinking tasters all day and volunteering homebrew advice.. What a place!

Yeah that place is great, I live about ten minutes away and get all my ingredients from those guys. Like you said saturdays there are a blast, they have tours coming through all day and the people have all sorts of questions. Makes me feel like a pro explaning the brewing process.

Yeah that place is great, I live about ten minutes away and get all my ingredients from those guys. Like you said saturdays there are a blast, they have tours coming through all day and the people have all sorts of questions. Makes me feel like a pro explaning the brewing process.

yeah, great guys, great beer. I visited it 3 times in 3 day. :D

Hi all,

I am relatively new as well and I am up in Carlsbad. I would be interested in a brew fest. I have been thinking of checking out one of the north county clubs as well. Do they take kindly young whippersnappers? (I am 26) :)

Hi all,

I am relatively new as well and I am up in Carlsbad. I would be interested in a brew fest. I have been thinking of checking out one of the north county clubs as well. Do they take kindly young whippersnappers? (I am 26) :)
There are several members in the Barley Engineers that are still in their 20's.
I'm personally in complete denial that I ever left them... but that's a different issue:mug:

Hi all,

I'm a Barley Lit and I'm 25.. Though I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest. :p

I also live in San Diego. I brewed my first batch in 1987 when I was 17. Hid the carboy in a closet so my parents wouldn't find it. I took many years off and then started brewing again in 1998 and joined up with QUAFF. I think everyone would agree they are the biggest and have one the most state and national titles from the San Diego homebrew clubs. I stopped brewing again in 2004 because my doctor told me I was allergic to barley. Just found out this month I am not. I AM BACK. Just dusted off my 15 gallon scultpure from Morebeer and brewed twice this week.

I live in Encinitas. I would love to hear more about the North County Clubs. I woudn't mind having meetings much closer to my home.

Back