Checking refrigerator lines before drilling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrinksWellWithOthers

Reaction score
I've been searching for almost an hour now. I'm pretty sure I've seen it here but I've been looking through HBT and google and still coming up empty. I'm looking for the thread that shows you how to check for refrigerator lines using a paste made of baking soda and water (I think?). Does that sound right? Anyone know which thread I'm talking about?

I tried all the tricks and still hit a line. Try cutting the plastic inside and carefully scraping the insulation away were you want to drill the top. If you see a line move your top hole if not you are good to go.

My kegerator is already built and I'm trying to help out a friend with this little trick. Cutting the inside and physically checking is an option but the paste seemed like a "work smart, not hard" idea. Plus this is something he can do himself, I don't know if I trust him cutting into a fridge and I wouldn't be able to get to his house until next week.

Back