cheapest keg system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithnick0

Reaction score
I was looking for a place to buy a kegging system. I seen midwest came with 2 kegs and the co2 tank and everything. Is there any better deal out there?

You have kegconnection and kegcowboy. I recently got a great deal from kegcowboy, on top of that hbt members can get a 5% off coupon. They don't have my kegerator package anymore though. I would check both of those places.

Check the vendor subforum for the kegcowboy coupon

Check your local co2 supplier first. Some only exchange cylinders, makes no sence to buy a new cyl only to swap it out for an old beat-up one.

Flyin said:
Check your local co2 supplier first. Some only exchange cylinders, makes no sence to buy a new cyl only to swap it out for an old beat-up one.

It's still cheaper to buy one online for $50 and exchange it than to spend $80-120 to buy a beat up one.

+1 about the used cylinders. That's what drove me to Rebel Brewer. When I bought, they swapped out a used ten # cylinder for the new 5 # cylinder for no additional charge!

cfrazier77 said:
This does not include a CO2 bottle. With the bottle it is the same as Rebel.

Nope, still cheaper than rebel.

Rebel's basic system, with CO2 tank and keg is $179.

Adventure in Homebrewing's kit, with 10# CO2 tank and keg is $139.

Adventures In Homebrew would be about $240 shipped for 2 keg kit included a 10# tank. Midwest would be about $230 shipped with a 5# tank. Is $10 worth having a bigger tank?

If you're talking about a 2 keg pin lock system with picnic taps, kegconnection.com has one for less than $220 shipped. (at least to my address)

Single keg system, pin lock with picnic taps is $139 plus shipping. I've only heard good stuff about them.

We have kits at a good price http://www.kegglebrewing.com Ball lock kits will come with single metal handle reconditioned kegs. We also have complete kits without kegs. Tell the buddy you have with the 25 kegs (10 just sitting empty) to give you a couple kegs.

Back