Cheap ways to get bottles? (Salt Lake City)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinbrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new homebrewer here! I just bottled up my first brew, excited to see how it turns out! I’m trying to find a way to buy bottles on the cheap. I’m going to be giving a few out to some coworkers and am not expecting to get the bottles back from everyone.

Are there any tips on getting cheap bottles? Also, I’m in the Salt Lake City area, if anyone is nearby and has any wisdom!

Thanks!

When I lived in Vancouver I got any bottles I needed from the glass recycling bins on the curb every trash pick-up day.

My way to get 12oz commercial bottles is to use up those holiday gift cards. There are plenty of them to be had if you want to give them away. I bought my own set of 22oz bottles a few years ago and never give them out for free.
If I was really hard pressed the local recycle center has freebies in the dumpster to snag and they're good as new after a cleaning with light bleach and PBW.

Hey everyone, new homebrewer here! I just bottled up my first brew, excited to see how it turns out! I’m trying to find a way to buy bottles on the cheap. I’m going to be giving a few out to some coworkers and am not expecting to get the bottles back from everyone.

Are there any tips on getting cheap bottles? Also, I’m in the Salt Lake City area, if anyone is nearby and has any wisdom!

Thanks!

Buy a sixer of Sierra Nevada. Labels come off fairly easily in hot water or PBW and you get free beer with the bottles.

Back