Cheap Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarnoBrewer

Reaction score
I posted this over on the Classifieds section, but thought I'd mention it here too. I toured the Deschutes Brewery in Bend, OR last week, and they have used tap handles for sale. They're wood with brass ferrules and they have stickers on them. The stickers peel off pretty easily. They're $10 each and include a couple of new stickers. I'm thinking of painting mine with chalkboard paint on the large oval part. If you're in Bend, it might be worth stopping by. I was also thinking if there was interest I could buy a bunch and ship them to interested folks. Just let me know. Here's a pic with a starsan bottle for scale:
Taps4.JPG
[/IMG]

I have three of those Deschutes tap handles for my keezer but two are missing the ferrules. I wonder if they'd sell those to me seperately?

I have three of those Deschutes tap handles for my keezer but two are missing the ferrules. I wonder if they'd sell those to me seperately?

They might. It's basically a big drawer full of handles, some of which are complete, some not. I didn't see any loose ferrules though.

I used to live in Eugene and had BB Porter at my wedding, but am now in Indiana...I would love to get ahold of a few of them and seeing you are a Colts fan im sure you could ship me a few...lol...Well you may not be a fan anymore after the thrashing they took from the Jets...lol...Seriously though if you are in the area of if you are interested in selling a few let me know...Thanks

I used to live in Eugene and had BB Porter at my wedding, but am now in Indiana...I would love to get ahold of a few of them and seeing you are a Colts fan im sure you could ship me a few...lol...Well you may not be a fan anymore after the thrashing they took from the Jets...lol...Seriously though if you are in the area of if you are interested in selling a few let me know...Thanks

I wouldn't call it a thrashing. They're resting their team for the playoffs. It's a shame that Painter wasn't a little better though.

I'll probably get to Bend again in a couple of weeks. How many would you want? Any preferences on the stickers? I thin they have them for most of their main brews.

How many of the tap handles did they have left when you were there?

How many of the tap handles did they have left when you were there?

There were probably 15-20 in the drawer, most of which were complete. What I don't know is whether that's all they have, or if they have a bin in the back somewhere where they refill the drawer when it gets low. I could ask next time.

Back