Cheap Stainless Steel Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since the lid opens by foot pedal it is just a stainless steel shell - not watertight in my opinion

as i said, you might (likely) need to fabricate a seal thats airtight, drop the foot pedal or use it for something else.

but its a 9.5 gallon steel container for less than 100 bucks.

The plastic bin is removable.

I cant find sanke kegs -- where do i go?

nerdlogic said:
The plastic bin is removable.

I cant find sanke kegs -- where do i go?
Then you're left with just a wall and no bottom.
Sankey kegs are available illegally all over the place. Legally they are harder to find.You don't need Stainless for fermenting.
Plastic or glass is fine and probably used by 90% of homebrewers.

SS is the doggies doodars if you can find a good one. But function is more desirable than using a SS vessel just for the sake of it if it's not up to the job.

I recall my friend having one of these, i believe it had a solid metal tub structure thats formed around where the foot pedal goes in, like this:

|;;;;|
|;;;;|
|;;;;|
|;;;;|
|;;|¯

the kegs themselves are not illegal
they usually belong to a brewery ,etc. and are available because they were not returned- hense the illegal part

OK i checked it out -- the stainless steel garbage cans --

its just a metal cylinder with no bottom, aside from that it would have been perfect.

Unless you are really set on making something of your own, by the time you spend $100 on a trash can and then $ for fittings and all, for $200 you should look into one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FERMENTER-CONIC...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

b14f_1.JPG

That guy is a great seller, my conical came with a defect, which I had fixed at a local welding shop, he offered to pay for the repair plus throw in a chiller for my trouble. I asked if he'd make me a deal on the 9 gallon pot with thermometer and ball valve instead, he sold one to me for 1/2 price and covered the shipping.

I've done two batches in the conical now, I love that thing.

Yeah I bought my brew kettle from that guy, great kettle for the price.

That is a killer deal on a ss conical....wow!

So despite this post being 2 years old, does anyone know who this eBay seller is that has great deals on stainless steel fermentors?

Sorry, but I can't see the seller.
I'm interested in a fermenter. Can you post the seller?

Thanks and good beer!

Latest posts

Back