Cheap small SS Brew Kettle YMMV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
My local Big Lots, which is close to my LHBS has 15.6 qt. SS stock pots for $17. I know a bigger one is ideal, but maybe some other new extract brewers could use one.

For that money buy two, and a couple of paint strainer bags from the Depot and you could do 5 gallons stovetop for under 40 bucks...brewing inside this winter...priceless!

That's the plan--I think a friend has another pot so I figured we would do two half boils. I think paint bags are cheaper at Lowes, though. I get free gas in my apartment and can't afford to brew outside anyway (student budget), so inside is what it's all about.

For that money buy two, and a couple of paint strainer bags from the Depot and you could do 5 gallons stovetop for under 40 bucks...brewing inside this winter...priceless!

Sorry to hijack the thread.....

One man's heaven is another mans hell. I can't wait for the summer heat to break so I can brew at all. I have been shut out since early July.

I am much more comfortable at 10F then I am at 100F.

Latest posts

Back