Cheap Brew Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoisufnoC

Reaction score
Hello. I'm very new to this forum, so I thought I'd try to make a contribution. I found a 8 gal pot at Walmart for $19.97 which has worked great for full 5 gal boils. Its labeled as a tamale steamer and is made of aluminum, but works great for a beginner like me. I tried to use it for a partial boil on my kitchen stove, but have found that my propane turkey fryer base works much better. I've been reading about switching to natural gas too.

With the addition of a small hole in the lid, I added my probe thermometer.

I'll try and get some pics up for you guys.

Mike

here's a quick picture from my phone

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDMtMjAwOTAzMDctMTY1O.jpg

yes...it boiled over...LOL

Hello. I'm very new to this forum, so I thought I'd try to make a contribution. I found a 8 gal pot at Walmart for $19.97 which has worked great for full 5 gal boils. Its labeled as a tamale steamer and is made of aluminum, but works great for a beginner like me. I tried to use it for a partial boil on my kitchen stove, but have found that my propane turkey fryer base works much better. I've been reading about switching to natural gas too.

With the addition of a small hole in the lid, I added my probe thermometer.

I'll try and get some pics up for you guys.

Mike

Aluminum is fine, and for the price you won’t beat it, if you didn’t have a fryer, you could’ve purchased both for around $60. The Turkey Fryer bases are great too, I know because I bought one (Banjo type). New people wanting to do a full boil can get kits online which have an 8 gallon Stainless Steel pot plus an adequate burner for $150 shipped. This is the absolute cheapest option for someone wanting a SS pot and a propane burner. I bought my setup separately to get a better burner, but I ended up having to pay more.

I recently picked up a 35qt turkey fryer set up called the Saf-T-Cooker at Lowe's on clearance for $25. I made one of the workers open up the box because i didn't believe it had everything in it. It came with the everything I needed except for a full propane tank. Stockpot even has a spigot at the bottom. For $25 I couldn't pass it up.

I recently picked up a 35qt turkey fryer set up called the Saf-T-Cooker at Lowe's on clearance for $25. I made one of the workers open up the box because i didn't believe it had everything in it. It came with the everything I needed except for a full propane tank. Stockpot even has a spigot at the bottom. For $25 I couldn't pass it up.

I would not have believed it either!

Nice score!!!

Nice SRT-4 in the driveway. :) (loving the upgraded FMIC, btw.)

thanks dude. its a 50 trim w/ boltons car. a fun daily driver :mug:

Aluminum is fine, and for the price you won’t beat it, if you didn’t have a fryer, you could’ve purchased both for around $60. The Turkey Fryer bases are great too, I know because I bought one (Banjo type). New people wanting to do a full boil can get kits online which have an 8 gallon Stainless Steel pot plus an adequate burner for $150 shipped. This is the absolute cheapest option for someone wanting a SS pot and a propane burner. I bought my setup separately to get a better burner, but I ended up having to pay more.

I would have used the pot that came with the fryer, but we used to to make thanksgiving dinner...i wasn't sure how well a turkey stout would have gone over with my friends...LOL

thanks for the info guys.

Back