• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Better Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenDog

Reaction score
great find! I was just thinking last night that I could use another 6 gallon and considering my LHBS sells them for $30 + tax this is way cheaper.

great find! I was just thinking last night that I could use another 6 gallon and considering my LHBS sells them for $30 + tax this is way cheaper.

Dang. If everyone splits hairs over a $3 difference the LHBS will be a thing of the past ...

Some of those prices are too cheap to believe. This guy must have zero overhead or a great supplier.

Dang. If everyone splits hairs over a $3 difference the LHBS will be a thing of the past ...

I ended up ordering 2 for $48 shipped. Two at my LHBS (that is a 40 minute one way drive) would have been $64 so it's more than a $3 savings...just saying. I will buy certain things locally but when the prices are totally out of whack ($2.50 a pound for 2-Row???)I find it really difficult.

I ended up ordering 2 for $48 shipped. Two at my LHBS (that is a 40 minute one way drive) would have been $64 so it's more than a $3 savings...just saying. I will buy certain things locally but when the prices are totally out of whack ($2.50 a pound for 2-Row???)I find it really difficult.

I feel the same way. My LHBS sells hops for $3/oz -- even cheap american Cascade and what not. It's ridiculous.

Also they have kids running around the store, it's really just not fun to shop there. Two of the guys are pretty damn helpful and knowledgeable, but that's not enough to keep me from buying online.

I'm all for supporting my lhbs, but it's still my money that I work for so if I can save a few bucks here and there I'm going to do it. Plus anytime I can save some money it helps me justify my immediate purchase to the wife. :)

Back