Chattanooga

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
numr17 said:
Just me then eh? I don't believe.

I'm in Chattanooga and just getting started. I brewed 1 batch a long time back before I moved here and I am in the info gathering stage. In still trying to find a local source for supplies

Supplies are hard to come by in these parts. I end up ordering a lot. There's a place in fort Oglethorpe, Beverage World, that has a small selection of stuff and some knowledgable staff. Usually where I go. Outside of that Atlanta or Knoxville are your best bet, sadly.

The Misfits of Brewing Science are in Middle Tennessee and we do bulk orders on grain and hops. We do have some members in the Cookeville/Sparta area who come down. You are more than welcome to join. Pm me if you are interested.

I am from Chattanooga and new to home brewing myself. I have only brewed one batch so far but would love to talk to some other local brewers. Barley Mob is the home brew club in Chattanooga, and they have a Facebook page announcing meetings and other beer related news.

The Barley Mob is very approachable. I've contacted them though email trying to get some information on their group and they invited me to a meeting right off the bat. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend so...hopefully, at some point, I'll be able to. Anyhow, feel free to pm me if you're interested in conversation. I'm no expert er anything, but I brew often enough and I'm based out of Red Bank

Chattanooga here as well, a couple of friends just enticed me into it- first batch violently fermented but "looks" good 5 days out! I'll have to check out the Murfreesboro place. You fellas take it easy!

Tunnel Hill Ga, worked in and out of Chattanooga most my life. (20 minutes South in Ga)

Could use a few local brew buddies myself, I'm learning, have a fab shop here when I can see & to be creative.

Hey there I'm in chattanooga too. Haven't brewed in a long time. I'm about to get everything out and take inventory and clean up the brew pot. If anyone would like to get together let me know. I also have some charred oak that's been sitting in whisky for about 7 years to go into an IPA.

I live off of hwy 58 close to booker t park. I'm also fond of cigars and BBQ too.

Eric

I'm from Dawai's neck of the woods...although on the other side of the interstate, I think. :) I live in Cohutta, GA, about 10 minutes from the Tennessee state line up at the Cleveland, TN area, or about 20-25 minutes from the East Ridge/Chattanooga side of Tennessee. I'm a member of the Barley Mob and we're very approachable. As a relative novice brewer, I have to say the guys in the club are very knowledgeable, but they have their preferred styles (anything "hoppy" generally speaking :D) which doesn't exactly mesh with my preference. Their knowledge of sweeter styles is somewhat limited, but they are experienced enough to extrapolate what would work well. :)
There's a competition coming up in December, Fugetaboutit (http://fugetaboutit.org/) and, while no more entries are being accepted, I'm sure they'll be happy to sign up more judges and stewards. :)

i'm in lookout valley, and I also do some brewing up in cleveland too where I have a bit more room.. I do all grain stuff... wouldn't say I'm a novice anymore, but not an expert either... but I've been making some reallly good brews of late... bottling a belgian style/american ale tonight... have some "slender porters", "Gold rush Ale's" and "Hella-Good-Helles" bottled... doing another batch tomorrow.. making some pretty good stuff right now... defo proud of it.. I'm a member of aha and hbt, and hoping to do some more homebrew competition stuff in the next yr or two..

I jumped into all-grain right off the bat and I'm glad I did... I don't work off any "said" recipe's, I've just kinda done the "learn" the hard way style of brewing... if you make a mistake - you won't make it again:)

Yes, there is a local store named

Atlantis Hydroponics
Address: 1800 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone:(423) 752-5400

They have a big selection of grains and extracts. Their prices are better than beverage world in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. I just found them this week but they have had home brew supplies for 3 years. You can't find them as a home brew supplier through Google since their website doesn't advertise home brew. The guy told me their company only has two stores with home brew supplies so they don't post it on the web. I like beverage world but this place is going to save me time and money.

I live in Chattanooga and I would love to do some brewing. I'm working my way into all grain brewing. I finally found a local company in Chattanooga that has home brew supplies. They are hydroponics based company but two of their locations have a great selection of home brew supplies.

Atlantis Hydroponics
Address: 1800 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone:(423) 752-5400

Beverage World in Fort Oglethorpe also has a good supply of homebrew supplies:
1840 Lafayette Rd
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, 30742-3110
United States
phone: (706) 866-5644

Dayton, TN....
Just started brewing again after 20+yrs. Partial mash is as far as I've got. Might be interested in going all the way to all grain with a little experience.

Don't mean to necro an old thread, but the Barley Mob is VERY active in Chattanooga. We meet once a month to discuss club business and try each other's brews. We do local events such as Chattanooga Craft Beer Festival and Oktoberfest. We also host an annual homebrewing competition called Fugetaboutit.

We have been in the club over a year now and have learned a ton of stuff from other brewers. If you are interested, check out the BarleyMob site or hit us up on Facebook with any questions.

Cheers!
Andy

Hey there, y'all looking for home brew supplies ?

Check out Atlantis Indoor Garden Supply on the South Side of Chattanooga.

Located at 1800 Rossville Ave. in the Loose Cannon building.

Open MON-FRI 10 am - 6 pm and Saturday 12 noon - 6 pm (423)-752-5400

Fermentation equipment, bulk grain, sanitation, yeast, you name it !!!:drunk:

Reviving a dead thread again. I'm in the Chattanooga area(off Hwy 58) and just recently started homebrewing. My second extract brew is fermenting now. I really want to step into AG but don't have the equipment necessary. I'd love to meet some other homebrewers that I could learn from.

Reviving a dead thread again. I'm in the Chattanooga area(off Hwy 58) and just recently started homebrewing. My second extract brew is fermenting now. I really want to step into AG but don't have the equipment necessary. I'd love to meet some other homebrewers that I could learn from.

Come to the Barley Mob meetings. : ) We're a very friendly bunch. Most folks seem to like really hoppy brews. I, myself, mostly do hard cider. :)

Bought a house in the Soddy area in December after living 7 years on the outskirts of Gainesville, GA. I have been a home brewer for 8 years now and am working on getting things worked out to start brewing consistently in my new home. Just got my water analyzed - holy bicarbonates batman! I will have to check out the Barley Mob.

Back