Charlie Foxtrot Keezer Logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkstel

Reaction score
I built a collar for my keezer this weekend and as a friend and I were dry-fitting the faucets we decided that we needed something to fill some extra blank space. Behold, a logo was born!!

The lettering was burned on using brass stamps and a butane torch. I have to admit that the effed up letters in "Charlie" were not done intentionally. However, considering the name, we felt that it it added to the logo. :D The screw up also led to my new tag line, "It is what it is". Since the letters were burned in, it was nearly impossible to fix it and hence, it is what it is. . .

The space between the two lines of text will eventually be filled with a drawing of a cursing fox, drinking a pint (on the notebook paper below the collar). I'll burn this on with a wood burning iron. My buddy's fiance sketched it in about 30 minutes tonight.

IMG_0002.jpg

Anyway, take a look and let me know what you think. I'll post new pics when I get the fox burnt on.

So the raised "R" in Charlie wasn't intentional? I like the way it looks, it adds character!

The messed up letters in Charlie look good, but the numerous "intentional mess ups" in the slogan seem kind of like beating a dead horse. It's cute in the name, but then gets overdone, IMHO. I really like the fox though!

EDIT: On closer look the I in the second "it" is not an upside lowercase i as I had originally thought, and I guess the differences in boldness is due to the nature of wood burning inconsistency.

The messed up letters in Charlie look good, but the numerous "intentional mess ups" in the slogan seem kind of like beating a dead horse. It's cute in the name, but then gets overdone, IMHO. I really like the fox though!

EDIT: On closer look the I in the second "it" is not an upside lowercase i as I had originally thought, and I guess the differences in boldness is due to the nature of wood burning inconsistency.

Actually, there were no "intentional" mess ups. All eff-ups on this thing are legit. The 'I' in "it" happened to fall on some wood fill in the plywood that I didn't notice until it was too late. And, yes, the differences in boldness are due to the burning process. That should be less dramatic after I stain it.

So the raised "R" in Charlie wasn't intentional? I like the way it looks, it adds character!

Nope, the iron slipped as I was burning that letter. I thought it looked pretty good and it wasn't like I could fix it without replacing the entire board. So, I just decided to embrace it.

I got the fox burnt on today. All in all, I think it came out pretty nice. I decided to leave out the swearing symbols that were on the original drawing. The hand drawn font didn't seem to fit with the rest of the text. IMO, it doesn't need it anyway.

I hope to have it stained, sealed and installed this weekend. Hopefully, I will have beer flowing by Sunday:ban:

IMG_0005.jpg

That's awesome! Definitely something personal and unique to look at everytime you pour a pint. :mug: Makes me want to find a way to personalize mine!

Back