Changing temperatures on corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theganda

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a kegging system and starting to keg my beer. The problem is I don't currently have a dedicated fridge or kegerator to keep them in. If i were to chill the keg when I drank it and then allow it to warm up between uses, would the beer inside be adversely affected? Sadly I don't think even me and a group of thirsty college buddies could finish 5 gallons in a sitting... :drunk:

The beer would not be affected at all in the taste. The only problem I see is that when the beer gets warmer, co2 comes more easily out of solution, so you might have some foaming/undercarb/overcarb issues.

Ok, that shouldn't be too bad I suppose. I already have a kegerator for regular half barrels
(still in college, so its mandatory!). But from what I understand, the CO2 settup on that wouldn't work for cornies. Is there a way I could use/convert that system ? It would save me the cost of buying a kegging kit.

Wow...Im converting my old fridge over to a kegerator...The price for the Williams kit seems CRAZY to me...289??? Corny, CO2, regulator and picnic faucet??? Midwest supplies has a 2 tap setup for 199$...Maybe im missing something here? Who knows...

Back