Changed to longer lines.....still foaming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
I have been kegging for 2 1/2 years now. I was running 5ft lines with Perlick Flow Control faucets (cheating.) Temperature inside is on average 38 degrees and I had pressure set to 12 psi.

Yesterday I finally decided to change out the old lines, which on a standard 2 tap tower is a major PITA....but I digress. All said and done, both lines are now 10ft long.

Now I only have 1 keg running until later this afternoon, but the keg on tap is still foaming like it used to, about 1/2 glass of foam on first pour. Does the pressure need to be dialed down? I was thinking the the tower is still warmer that anything else. Could that be the issue?

Thanks,

Joe

I have been kegging for 2 1/2 years now. I was running 5ft lines with Perlick Flow Control faucets (cheating.) Temperature inside is on average 38 degrees and I had pressure set to 12 psi.

Yesterday I finally decided to change out the old lines, which on a standard 2 tap tower is a major PITA....but I digress. All said and done, both lines are now 10ft long.

Now I only have 1 keg running until later this afternoon, but the keg on tap is still foaming like it used to, about 1/2 glass of foam on first pour. Does the pressure need to be dialed down? I was thinking the the tower is still warmer that anything else. Could that be the issue?

Thanks,

Joe

If it's only the first pour of every drinking session, then it's either a warm tower/shank, or your serving pressure is lower than the carb level. Reducing the pressure will only make it worse.

With changing the lines the kegs, frig and tower warmed up give it time Don't Turn the pressure down.

Latest posts

Back