Changable tap handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
Has anyone used the tap handles that you can interchange logos of brews by sliding your paper logo into the handle? I am interested in going this route, but wanted to see what you guys thought...

Alternate thought which I implemented because my logos would be horrible was to make some wooden handles and stain them different colors to match the beer colors. I have a chalkboard to further describe the beer.

....oops...thought I was in DIY - probably not the most helpful, but I'll leave just in case.

Or paint the handles

Or use a metal plate on each handle, and then print your beer logo on magnetic media and you can swap easily that way.

Has anyone used the tap handles that you can interchange logos of brews by sliding your paper logo into the handle? I am interested in going this route, but wanted to see what you guys thought...

Specifically, I've seen the conical handles which you can fill with your logo, but I never liked the looks. I've recently seen them in a brewpub and still dont' care for them.

I do like the looks of the square ones.

I got some large blocky bud light handles on craigslist and painted them with chalkboard paint.

Now I can just write with chalk on them. you just have to be careful not to smudge the chalk.

I got some large blocky bud light handles on craigslist and painted them with chalkboard paint.

+1 on this.

I found some "paddle" shaped handles on eBay.

Peeled the label off, cleaned off the adhesive. Spray painted it black. Then applied chalkboard paint to one side, magnet paint on the other.

This way, I can take my fancy labels and apply them to a magnet which can be slapped on to the tap handle when I serve that style or stored on the side of the fridge for later use. If it's a new style with no label, turn the tap handle around to the chalkboard side.

I've got 2 of the ones from morebeer.com, they accept business card size labels. I have yet to create one .They shiny black, but I believe there are other colors.

I had. But opted to buy some Brushed Stainless File box frames instead.

I just make some name inserts on teh PC. Don't feel compelled to get all fancy with logos. and I stick with the cheap plastic stubby handles.

Or use a metal plate on each handle, and then print your beer logo on magnetic media and you can swap easily that way.

+1
I went this route and it works great! Made the handles from wooden table legs (of various lengths) bought at home depot and stained with different color stains. Then glued the sheet metal on a thin piece of wood slightly larger and already screwed into the handle. Stick a hex nut in the base that fits your faucets and you're good to go. :mug:

Back