Cereal Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieM

Reaction score
I just read online where a brewer in Minn. had made a limited run of Wheaties beer. Yes it was a combined effort with General Mills support. Any thought on this? When would you add the "wheat", during the boil? In the secondary? Other weird cereal ideas?

I just read online where a brewer in Minn. had made a limited run of Wheaties beer. Yes it was a combined effort with General Mills support. Any thought on this? When would you add the "wheat", during the boil? In the secondary? Other weird cereal ideas?

In the mash would be my first guess.

I have a "Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cream Ale" cold crashing at the moment. There are a number of people that have used Peanut Butter cereals for added PB flavor. I added 4 boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch at flame out for a 5 gallon batch. Steeped until mushy and skimmed out. May have been waaaay too much but worth a shot. I have never seen it done so who knows....

I would use the cereal in the mash. That is what I intend to do next go around with a PB beer.

Back