Central Waters 16th Anniversary Bottle Sales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww yeah, good feels. Serious, Wisconsin traders are the best. Whatchu need? Beats, PVW Eclipse, Black Tuesday, whatever floats yr boat, lets PM!
tumblr_lvi9qvmoqL1qla1eto1_500.jpg

Posted on the CW facebook page a little while ago:

Here we go! This is a start to the upcoming details on the Sweet Sixteen Anniversary Party!

Central Waters Sixteenth Anniversary Party

Date: Saturday, January 25, 2014

Time: 3pm – 11pm

Details:
Come celebrate Central Waters’ Sweet Sixteen Party!

Free Admission

21 and over, no exceptions!

Live Bluegrass music from Sloppy Joe and Art Stevenson and Highwater.

Food for sale from The Jensen Center (brats, burgers and veggie burgers) and from Urban Street Bistro (really awesome food truck fare)

CASH ONLY. Multiple ATMs will be onsite, but come prepared.

Bottles of Sixteen will be for sale to authorized will call names, this is available to purchase at www.centralwaters.brownpapertickets.com. The line for this beer will be evident, and separate than all other lines. See the above mentioned website for more details. These sales go from 2pm – 7pm, after 7, any remaining bottles, if any, will be opened for sale on a first come first served basis. Sixteen is an 11% ABV Imperial Stout aged for two years in bourbon barrels, different beer than 1414 or Fifteen.

Sixteen will be on tap all night!

We will be running free shuttles again from Stevens Point to the brewery. To alleviate the problems from last year, we have doubled the shuttles. This will make for more frequent service, and less wait time. There is a change from last year in pick up locations! The three pickup spots will be Guu’s on Main, Holiday Inn, and Econolodge. Please note, La Quinta is no longer a pickup location, they requested we not make them a pickup. However, Econolodge is across the street from La Quinta, so if you already reserved your room, and don’t want to change to Econolodge, it is across the street.

We will release more details, like what other beers will be for sale and on tap later. There will be some great rare beers for sale though, and on draft.

We think, and hope, that this will alleviate many of the problems experienced last year, and this will be another great party, for fun to be had by all! We really hope to see you there!
Pretty sure we ruined La Quinta for everyone last year.

should be a good time. looking forward to my first CW event

Got a room at the Holiday Inn Express next door to the Holiday Inn Shuttle pick up location. Cheaper rates and looks like the Holiday Inn and Econo Lodge rooms are already all booked up.

Last edited:
Interesting predicament.... My grandparents, who know I'm into buying craft beer (and hard to find beers), live about 20 minutes from the brewery in Amherst. They apparently heard about the upcoming anniversary release from somebody, purchased tickets online (presumably with some help), and were going to surprise me by going to the brewery to get the bottles. Once they saw the $15/bottle cost, they called me to make sure it's something I'd be interested in before they "spend that kind of money"......

It's very thoughtful, and an awesome surprise! However, I've been to beer release events, and have waited in long lines.... I've gone back and forth with the offer, excited to get Sixteen on one hand, but I'm not sure I want to subject them to a "typical" release event :confused:......

Interesting predicament.... My grandparents, who know I'm into buying craft beer (and hard to find beers), live about 20 minutes from the brewery in Amherst. They apparently heard about the upcoming anniversary release from somebody, purchased tickets online (presumably with some help), and were going to surprise me by going to the brewery to get the bottles. Once they saw the $15/bottle cost, they called me to make sure it's something I'd be interested in before they "spend that kind of money"......

It's very thoughtful, and an awesome surprise! However, I've been to beer release events, and have waited in long lines.... I've gone back and forth with the offer, excited to get Sixteen on one hand, but I'm not sure I want to subject them to a "typical" release event :confused:......

You can buy bottles anytime between 2 and 7. I'm sure if they went later on they wouldn't have to wait that long.

I promise I'll take care of your grams

RRnhhqW.gif

Plans fell through for my brother to pick up the bottles next weekend. Anyone know if I can switch my trustee? If so anyone willing to pick mine up? Obviously I'll paypal you the money and get you a label for shipping. A nice box of CO beers will be sent along for the trouble.

Plans fell through for my brother to pick up the bottles next weekend. Anyone know if I can switch my trustee? If so anyone willing to pick mine up? Obviously I'll paypal you the money and get you a label for shipping. A nice box of CO beers will be sent along for the trouble.
I know someone else has switched trustees. I don't have a problem #pickingthemupforyoubro. Let me know if it's needed.

This was the quote on BPT for the sale:

Someone may buy their $5 ticket to purchase the 8 bottles, and someone else can pick up their allocation with a photocopy of that other person's valid government issued photo ID.
Yep, I just want to make sure we don't have to identify that "someone else."

I was under the impression I should have my name printed on the ticket for will-call, and have my trustee bring a copy of my ID rather than having my ticket read their name, since they're already going + picking their own allocations. Am I good like that?

I was under the impression I should have my name printed on the ticket for will-call, and have my trustee bring a copy of my ID rather than having my ticket read their name, since they're already going + picking their own allocations. Am I good like that?
Yes. The ticket needs to read your name, not your proxy's name. Your proxy gives them a copy of your ID which gets the proxy "your" bottles.

Hey guys, Central Water just responded to my question about whether we need to identify our proxy. Their response confirmed what we all assumed: "No Michael, just make sure your proxy has a copy of your drivers license."

Cheers guys.

Message from Paul Graham:
"Hey All,

Wanted to give a quick update. We are pretty excited for this year's party - we have learned and listened from years past and hope that this year is just that much more successful. We are looking to finalize the tap list tomorrow, and it will be posted on our facebook page as soon as it is done - it will include what beers are available on tap as well as in bottles. Different this year, Sixteen sales will be isolated from everything else - look for the signs as you come on to our property. If you are looking to purchase other bottles beyond Sixteen, it will be from inside the brewery this year so we can keep the lines moving freely. We are starting public sales of Sixteen at 2pm so that you have the opportunity to purchase it, then drive to to a hotel and catch a shuttle back to the party and not have to worry about hanging on to your bottles all night. I assume that sales at 2pm will be somewhat backed up because of this, so please, be patient as we are doing all we can to accommodate you. We are again running our distributor / retailer appreciation time from noon to 3pm, so please respect that and do not try to enter the brewery before 3pm (that part is ticketed this year so trying to jump in will get you nowhere). Shuttles have doubled this year with four school buses running non stop loops to the pickup locations - they will start at 2:15 from each location and then make their way out here. To anyone who did not get tickets to purchase Sixteen, or would like to purchase more than there allotment, we are packaging all of the beer assuming everyone will purchase 8 bottles. Knowing that everyone will not purchase that amount, at 7pm we will put the remaining bottles on sale, with limits to be determined at that time (if there is any to sell). Food will be available again from the same food truck as last year, and brats/burgers from the great volunteers at the Jensen Center.

As far as bottle sharing goes...I have to be quite honest that last year left a pretty bad taste in my mouth, but I am willing to give it one more chance. This is something that makes the party special to me - sharing great beers that I never get the chance to try otherwise - with fans and friends alike. I'll be honest though, how things go this year will weigh heavily on whether or not it ever happens again. We have added on to the brewery, so the bottle sharing area will be the same as last year, but because the band will be in the new addition the lights will be on. Please respect the area that we designate for you as it will be in the packaging hall. How you treat our brewery and us (whether while visiting or on the internet after the party) will determine how this will be run in the future.

Please remember, we are trying our best to do everything we can to make this a great experience for you, our employees, and our volunteers. We are working our asses off not only this week, this weekend, but next week to invite all of you into our home to celebrate how great craft beer is. Let's have fun, keep a great attitude, and drink some kick ass beer together.

Paul Graham "

I wasn't there, but from what I've heard...

It was a disaster.

We've been going for years & the bottle share has always been a blast. Last year we went back, saw the mosh pit of people, beer & glass everywhere, turned around, & went to drink CW on tap. It looked & felt like a bad frat party, & was like walking around in molasses.

Evidently there were beers stolen, other beers pulled out of random coolers & opened, plus an epic mess that CW had to clean up on Sunday. Hopefully there will be less idiocy this year. One can hope.

It was a disaster.

We've been going for years & the bottle share has always been a blast. Last year we went back, saw the mosh pit of people, beer & glass everywhere, turned around, & went to drink CW on tap. It looked & felt like a bad frat party, & was like walking around in molasses.

Evidently there were beers stolen, other beers pulled out of random coolers & opened, plus an epic mess that CW had to clean up on Sunday. Hopefully there will be less idiocy this year. One can hope.
Since it's ticketed hopefully a lot fewer people will show. That should solve a great deal of problems

Latest posts

Back