Central Jersey Homebrewers Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ask around on the forums here im sure you will find someone selling them. I traded for mine on here. good luck!

Hey everyone,

Ocean County Homebrewers are having a meeting tonight starting at 7:30pm at the Tipperary Pub in Lakehurst/Manchester. If anyone is interested in joining, stop by. We should be in the "Whiskey Room".

Love2brew and brew the world are both 1 to 1.5 away. I was using Brewers Apprentice for most of Mt brewing needs as they are about 30 minutes away. But I don't like then and have found their pricing to be expensive. they're comparable to shopping online prices. I've recently discovered that love2brew has fair pricing, and I don't mind the trip.

Anyone near Whitehouse Station I recommend Nik's Wunderbar Biergarten which just opened. 34 beers on tap and 35 bottles with heavy emphasis on German and local brews.

Im in Hamilton Township...guess it's pretty borderline...but i consider it Central Jersey!

Flounder Brewing in Hillsborough has finally opened and is giving tours ( reservations required). I think they're done with Nov tours so I'm planning to visit Riverhorse this Friday at their new place in Ewing.

Nice, I've been meaning to take a trip over to River Horse's new spot. Ewing is only about 15 minutes from me, just need to find time when I'm not working. Let us know how it is.

I got to visit Flounder last week. He's got a nice brewery with room to expand. Everyone we met there was incredibly nice and happy to geek out. They had a Saison, a pumpkin and their Hill Street Honey Ale on tap. They were all top notch, I went home with a growler of the pumpkin. Definitely worth checking out. You need to sign up for a tour though. I don't think they take walk in tours yet.

I am from the Edison area. Any local brew gatherings?

Ferment the World meets every 1st Monday at Harvest Moon in New Brunswick (about 12 people usually).
Just found out about another group that meets every 2nd Tuesday at Tapestre in Somerville (I hear it's about 4-5 people?).
WHALES meets in Woodbridge (large group, more organized, dues, events, etc). You can google WHALES for more info.
I've been to the one in New Brunswick a few times and plan to go to the one in Somerville in Jan.

BWO meets first Thursday of the month ...anybody in the Matawan area?

Back