Cellar Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

That's all

Here is my cellar the only beer there is a 24 pack of milk stout I bottled that's aging but that's ingredients for my next 7 brews . Nut brown. Vanilla porter. Amber ale. Buffalo sweat Speckled heifer. Belgian dubbel. German alt

20141214_015534.jpg

Nice Thread! I just started my cellar after Thanksgiving...I'm curious if it is ok to pull stouts out of my fridge to put in my cellar? They have been in fridge a month or so. Thanks

Nice Thread! I just started my cellar after Thanksgiving...I'm curious if it is ok to pull stouts out of my fridge to put in my cellar? They have been in fridge a month or so. Thanks

I dont see why that would cause any harm. Ive done it before without any noticeable changes.

Thanks for the reply. Here is my very limited inventory. . . I have some bells expedition and terrapin wnb I'll add to this that is in the fridge.

Not a problem! Thats not a bad way to start your cellar either. Cheers!

Btw, if you havent already try one of the bcbs before you wait too long. This years is very good without age.

Thanks for the reply. Here is my very limited inventory. . . I have some bells expedition and terrapin wnb I'll add to this that is in the fridge.

Personally I would not age wake n bake. It is way better fresh than it is when the coffee fades after some aging. It drops off quite a bit after a few months. Still a good beer, i just like that big coffee when fresh.

That Event Horizon is a great brew.

Those air locks are gonna need some attention soon! Or maybe it's more humid where you live.

They look worse than they really are haha I check that about twice a week. I cant seem to not check out my beers that I know will take many more months.

I am curious if it is a bad idea to stack boxes on top of each other? I am limited on room for my "cellar" and have three boxes stacked(from the bruery). I noticed everyone here has a ton of room so nothing is stacked and i want to be sure im not breaking any rules.

I am curious if it is a bad idea to stack boxes on top of each other? I am limited on room for my "cellar" and have three boxes stacked(from the bruery). I noticed everyone here has a ton of room so nothing is stacked and i want to be sure im not breaking any rules.

Shouldn't be a problem. Liquor stores, distributors, breweries... They all stack.

I rent an apartment without basement access so crafted my own cellar out of foam board and the bottom part of a metal shelving unit. Leave this room unheated so stays in mid 40's to mid 50's in the winter. AC ducted into back and will hook up to a temp controller come spring/summer to hopefully keep it in the 50's. Bottling up some Barleywine and Bourbon barrel old ale soon to add to it and have an imperial stout planned as well.

20150130_142231.jpg

Once we found out we were approved for the house I started binge drinking. More out of fear than excitement!
Actually, it's all packed up lol

Damn dude, that's a sick cellar.

I'm just getting the hang of this buying beer to drink it later stuff.
Some commercial stuff and some homebrew stuff. I keep them in a box on a shelf under my equipment.

View attachment 1425655119111.jpg

Back