catfishing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roesso

Reaction score
has anyone went catfishing yet last weekend i got me a 15 pound blue and my wife caught a 20 pound blue cat

roesso

Nice catches there. It has yet to be warm enough to fish on a day I have off. Mostly trout streams 'round here.

we caught those in a pay lake the ohio river has been up i love fishing the river i am going to buy a boat next weekend and start chasing the flat head catfish that is a reel fish to catch

roesso

Very nice catches. I have tried the whole catfish thing (as well as bass and carp) but around my parts i have only been able to catch bullheaded catfish (portland OR). I guess it is too cold around here.

Speaking of catfishing...anyone else notice the decline in quality of the perdue chicken livers over the past couple of years? Of the few different brands that I can get locally, they are the most prevalent and always the lowest quality..perforated, off colored and odd consistency. It makes you wonder about the rest of that chicken...

It's getting close to noodling season and that's about all the catfishing I do.

As soon as the tarantulas start crawling the roads, it's on! :rockin:

There's a nice little river down by the road, but I'm told there haven't been any fish in it for 30 years. I certainly haven't seen any, but the cranes keep coming back, so there must be some.

I do alot of catfishing in Montana give you one little hint try shrimp from you local store jsut the frozen kind, they have to be thawed to stay on your hook

fshnne1 said:
I do alot of catfishing in Montana give you one little hint try shrimp from you local store jsut the frozen kind, they have to be thawed to stay on your hook

I have thrown all sorts of putrid things on the end of a hook in the quest for the big slippery beast...shrimp were definitely up there in effectiveness. Hard to beat the livers around here.

Do you eat catfish?

I'm not a big fan of catfish meat. They get real annoying as well when coast fishing. When the hardheads move in, it's time to scadaddle.

I have eaten lots of catfish in my life, but most of it has been store-bought which likely means it's farm-raised. I have had some wild caught catfish, though, and it was excellent IMHO. It depends a lot on where the fish comes from as catfish are bottom feeders.

catfish is yummm! deepfat fried or oil pan fried on a bank, only thing better would be fresh paddlefish

Back