Catastrophic Failure!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Whitestown AND a Brownsburg in this thread. Indiana is so racist...

Former Hammond, IN (Chicagoland) resident, here... The glass scares me sometimes, but I've only used it for dry-hopping thus far. So far, so good. Also, I think this may be my first post...

Terrible story. I've got 2 glass carboys (6.5 and a 5), but I started buying BB's. Like the video from EdWort showed, that BB isn't going to break and weights a hell of a lot lighter.

And does it count I have family in Winfield/Merriville area? (Family grew up in Gary/Miller back when it wasn't a place you didn't want to be in, but damn does Flamingo's still make a good pizza in Miller)

I LOVE my Better Bottles!!

THIS. I bought a pair of 6 gal Better Bottles and they are awesome, people who are hard set on glass carboys are probably the same people who still use a flip cell phone from 2001. PET carboys are superior for many reasons but loosing beer has to be the #1.

Sorry for your loss.

I still use glass, I have a bucket, a 6.5gal glass carboy and a 5gal glass carboy. I also have 4 5gal plastic cubes but I need to find a way to get canola oil out of them before they can be used. I just use milk crates that stay on the whole time unless im cleaning.

Also there was a west Lafayette person in here, but I live in Lafayette so that counts as a new one haha. I do work at purdue though so im in W Lala 5 or 6 days out of the week.

people who are hard set on glass carboys are probably the same people who still use a flip cell phone from 2001.

You've got that backwards. I am still using my 2004 flip phone, and it's partially for the same reason I am using plastic carboys. My phone has been kicked off a loading dock to the pavement below and several other similar incidents and it's still going strong. Put an iPhone through that same experience? I imagine it'd react similarly to a glass carboy...

Also there was a west Lafayette person in here, but I live in Lafayette so that counts as a new one haha. I do work at purdue though so im in W Lala 5 or 6 days out of the week.

Lafayette is definitely a separate entity. :) (I'm at Purdue also, but I find myself in Lafayette at least every weekend because you guys have all the shopping and the breweries...)

:off:

whitestown.jpg

Back