catalog recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

narmstrong

Reaction score
I have a local shop where I have bought my first two extract kits. No complaints, but I have a Northern Brewer catalog and want to try a couple recipes. Anyone know if those are extract kits? I'm not set up or ready for all grain yet. Any problems you might forsee with shipping / refrigeration of yeast etc?

narmstrong said:
I have a local shop where I have bought my first two extract kits. No complaints, but I have a Northern Brewer catalog and want to try a couple recipes. Anyone know if those are extract kits? I'm not set up or ready for all grain yet. Any problems you might forsee with shipping / refrigeration of yeast etc?

They have both extract and AG, they are listed in separate sections, just read the descriptions, usually they will say extract or require an AG set up.

Never had any problems with shipping. For the yeast you can specify they get shipped with a cold pack I believe if you live somewhere very warm

If you're concerned about shipping the yeast, you can usually order the kits without the yeast and buy the recommended strain locally.

Back