Cascade or williamette

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russrob81

Reaction score
Brewing Yoopers fizzy yellow water for the wife for Mother's Day. She's a strict coors light drinker but is willing to try my "dark beers". Which hop will give me what characteristics. My schedule is .5oz at 60,.75 oz, at 20 and .4 oz at 2

Thanks

I don't have much experience with williamette hops but I've brewed several times with cascade, it gives a citrusy aroma and flavor. Many say its similar to grapefruit in aroma. I also get a floral like effect from cascades, so if that's something your interested in go with the cascades.

Brewing Yoopers fizzy yellow water for the wife for Mother's Day. She's a strict coors light drinker but is willing to try my "dark beers". Which hop will give me what characteristics. My schedule is .5oz at 60,.75 oz, at 20 and .4 oz at 2

Thanks

If you're wife likes coors light, which is a beer that has almost zero hop or malt presence, you might want to make a beer with as close to zero hop presence as possible. Maybe 8-10 IBU with magnum added at 60 minutes. No further additions. If you want to use willamette or cascade, avoid cascade and use the willamette only at 60 min.

Back