Carr Fires in Redding Ca from Jaybird

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I just wanted to toss out there a HUGE thank you to you guys! I have received a lot of texts and phone calls from a lot of you and I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers!
As of this morning my house is still standing. We have been closed for business since Thursday afternoon so if you have an order in we will get to them as we can. My entire crew, except Becky as been evacuated from our homes. We are all safe,... The store is safe. The shop is safe but we are dealing with trying to help others and keeping the store closed while we do that.
As of this morning, my family is fairly settled where we are going to be for the next week or so, so we are in the community looking for ways to help the people who have not been so lucky. Please be patient with us.

Right now the Carr Fire has burned 110+ thousand acres or 131 square miles and is about 5% contained. Its not slowing down!

Please keep us in your thoughts!

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Jay glad to hear you and your family is safe, hopefully it gets contained soon and you can back to life.

Thanks you guys. We made it back home last night. We are doing what we can in our burned up town right now to offer up help. This is CRAZY!
Cheers
Jay

Thank you guys! I have been out and about moving water and supplies around the community to people that need them. Loads of displaced people at the moment and really its hard to see! The way we are getting through this is getting in and doing what we can to help. Ya know BOOTS ON THE GROUND kind of thinking. We have been SUPER busy as a lot of our customers have been misplaced so we are head strong into helping them get back in their homes and back to normal. Several of our brewing friends have lost everything! I did set up a donation spot on our site for them brewers that lost it all I want to help get them back brewing. I know the best way to start to heal in a very tragic event like this is to at least have 1 thing that will take your mind off it all. For a brewer...ITS BREWING. If you feel like donating for some equipment there is a link on our website.

Cheers
Jay

Back