Carnivale Brettanomyces 2016 (Amsterdam)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinnerstick

Reaction score
Hi all in or around the Netherlands, This year's Brett Fest is coming.

Lots of big names this year- uber historian ron pattinson, chad yakobson of crooked stave, jean van roy of cantillon, and more.
Check the lineup, it's pretty great.

http://www.wildegist.nl/program/

I'm giving a talk/tasting (25 june @ 14:30 in proeflokaal arendsnest, in English) on the effects of brett strains as primary fermenters in an IPA; a direct comparison of 6 different yeasts or blends on the same wort. Short lecture, blind tasting, discussion. What's not to like. Well, you have to buy tickets to the talks, that's the only possible downside. But from my end it's all done out of pocket so your contribution really goes to the festival organization not to stuff coffers.
I also have 3 beers from my brewery (Brouwerij de Kromme Haring) on at proeflokaal arendsnest for the duration of the festival; 'Ruige Haring', a collabobrew with 'Ruig' which was a 100%-sacc-trois double IPA but is now 1 year later a super fruity and slightly dangerous (9%) barleywine sort of thing, 'rhubarb gurnard', a mixed fermentation simple (5.2%) farmhouse ale with rhubarb and mosaic, and 'st pilchardus', also a mixed fermentation farmhouse/saison with orange peel and el dorado dry hop, 6.2%).
Let me know if you're coming!
:goat::goat::goat::goat:

I want one of those Brett Will Eat Everything goat shirts so bad haha.

The whole event sounds great from what i've seen so far. Will any of the talks be recorded and put online later?

Hi, i have no idea if they are to be recorded, kind of doubt it as it's low-tech and the talks are hosted in basements of bars rather than conference rooms, but i'll ask the organizer
my brewery co-owner got a brett goat tattoo. i'll try to find the picture and post it...

there... some tickets still available for the talk/tasting

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 11.39.28 PM.jpg

Back