Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarcha

Reaction score
Hi all

I was thinking of transfering my fermenting beer (2weeks) to a carboy, let the beer clean up a little more, then to bottles, what would be the rule of time, from fermenter then carboy, bottle, and condition. Thanks in advance for any info. Also I would like to keep a supply going at all times, or would I be better off with another fermenter, then the carboy.

Thanks Rich :mug:

Many brewers (me included) do not bother using carboys for secondaries unless you are planning on dryhopping, adding fruit/spices to your beer or wanting it to condition for very longs amount of time prior to bottling. This can be used for higher gravity brews.

I let many of my beers go for 3-4 weeks in the primary and then cold crash for a day or two to clear the beer up. Not using a secondary will also help prevent picking up an infection in case you miss anything during the sanitation stage. I would recommend getting another one or two brew buckets to get your pipeling going.

Latest posts

Back