carboy cleaner / keg cleaner / beer line cleaner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterorr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I found another use for my Carboy/Keg cleaner and tried it out last night and it worked great! The only issue I had was a small drip from the swivel on the beer line to the adapter due to the fact that it does not have any kind of rubber seal when I am just hooking them up.

blc4.jpg

blc.jpg

blc5.jpg

blc3.jpg

blc6.jpg

I guess I should have put something about that......

I put hot PBW in the bucket and hooked it up to the pump and out the pump into the beer lines to clean them and pump back to the bucket. So yeah I was cleaning the lines. I rinsed and sanitized the same way.

So you're the reason silicon tubing is so expensive. Just kidding. Nice repurposing! Makes me think...

I actually bought some tubing and they sent me the wrong length (too small) so they re-sent me the correct length I ordered.....so I have a good amount of extra tubing now :ban: But I would not have bought it just for this purpose but it does go onto the perlick quite well.

"Hot PBW" - that's not exactly specific?
I have some PBW & it has no declaration of the contents & does not mention temperature except to specify 100 - 160 F (about 60C for the enlightened) which is nowhere near sufficient to achieve sanitation by temperature exposure.
Apparently the item to be cleaned & sanitised should be exposed for 25 mins. So how do you do this - fill every keg????
If the PBW is caustic based this is potentially dangerous but no warnings are provided.
I doubt this stuff would meet labelling requirements in any civilised country.
BTW most of the world went metric before the end of the 70's. My kids do not know what an once or gallon is.

I have some PBW & it has no declaration of the contents & does not mention temperature except to specify 100 - 160 F (about 60C for the enlightened) which is nowhere near sufficient to achieve sanitation by temperature exposure.
Apparently the item to be cleaned & sanitised should be exposed for 25 mins. So how do you do this - fill every keg????
If the PBW is caustic based this is potentially dangerous but no warnings are provided.
BTW most of the world went metric before the end of the 70's. My kids do not know what an once or gallon is.

Not sure of the motive with the condescending tone. I grew up in America so sorry if I did not convert to metric for you. PBW is the cleaner. I use a sanitizer after the lines are clean. I am not cleaning kegs just the taps and lines. We are home brewers... relax and have a home brew.

Jeff

Neither do I!!! What is this once??? :tank: ...... and I actually don't see any English units in this thread at all (other than you):confused:

One in a stream of zombie threads revived recently @TexasWine.

I went hunting for past posts and saw that @jddevinn is already on the case :D

In regards to @peterlonz, you, sir, are a troll. I would also argue that there are quite a few things present in Australia that are not generally tolerated in the rest of the civilized world. You've got baby-eating-dingos down there for goodness sake!

Look I said I did not know what an ounce, was let alone spell it correctly!
Don't get ****ty with Australia, course we do some daft things but metric measurements are the de-facto standard for all scientific work.
Failing to provide warnings on a caustic chemical wash is inexcusable as is failure to provide a link to the MSDS.
Such products should be metric labelled & home brewers everywhere ought to use a the accepted Celcius temperature scale.
Do they have to - no course not; is the above just my opinion, yes!
And I do not deserve to be labelled a troll.
Now I need some addresses - looking for US homes for our Dingo (well trained) pups.

Back