carboy and keg power washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divi2323

Reaction score
So i'm looking at sump pumps at the local Menards yesterday and I was wondering if anyone's tried to take a water pump of some kind and turn it into an automatic washer of sorts for either kegs or for carboys.

I then took to youtube and sure enough found a guy that's created just this sort of contraption. it's basically a wash basin full of sanitized water with a sump pump in the bottom and plumbing that's configured to spray 30 gallons a minute of water through nozzles to both spray clean and sanitize carboys and kegs.

Wonder if any of you have taken to something like this and what your challenges are. menards has a 1500 gallon per hour veritcal pump for $29 right now and i'd like to take advantage if it would be worth it. I know during peak brewing season in the fall with my cider, it would be quite nice to have something that'll power wash the crap out of carboys for me.

I bought that same pump last week for $29 and it is working great. I ended up grabbing a Menards 5gallon bucket and lid instead of using a wash basin. I'll try to take some picks when I get home for ya.

Edit* And at $29 it is cheaper and more powerful than the one at Harbor Freight that is normally $40-50.

Back