Carbonator Cap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flexbrew

Reaction score
Want to carbonate this 18 month lambic without fear of contamination or using priming in bottles. Figured buying a carbonater cap and filling 10-2 liter bottles and then just hook up one bottle at a time and slow carbonating using 14 psi for a week or so, but all the things I've seen say to up the psi to 30 and shake. Can I slow carb using the carbonater caps?

as long as your temp is where it needs to be to carbonate to your target carbonation level there's no reason you can't - it will just act like a mini keg - although 1 week may not be enough time

30 psi and shake will give you root beer level of carbonation (I do that!). It does not take long either, maybe 60 seconds. I would back off to maybe 20 psi and shake for 30 seconds and see how it goes.

Why not bottle prime though? Are you really going to rack the batch that many times (10 2Liters one at a time in 5 gallons)? I will be bottling my first wild ale after new years, but already have dedicated sour equipment. I will mark all the bottles with a W in a silver paint pen to keep them designated that way.

Back