Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeTrott

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my sg to stay put for 3 days on some pumpkin spice ale. The beginning sg was 1.095 and now is 1.019. The recipe called for 1.091 and 1.017 so I think I'm ok. I like less carbonated beer than I have been getting from the kits. If I put say only 2/3 priming sugar, will that suffice? Thank you

Hello, If you are only going to use 2/3 of the priming sugar they sent then yes you will have less carbonation.

Whether thats the amount you want ? who knows? there are FREE carb calculators you can use to help you figure out how much carbonation you want in your beers.

You really need to measure your priming sugar in weight (oz) and then you can easily adjust the amounts to suit your needs.

That being said, My Best guess would be to try 3/4 to 7/8 of what you have been using.

Cheers :mug:

The best thing to do would be to figure out how many volumes of CO2 you like in your beer and using a priming calculator to get an accurate idea of how much priming sugar to add by weight. If you know how many volumes of CO2 you prefer and use a calc, you can scale your recipes up or down without have to do mental gymnastics to guess the right amount of sugar to use.

I'll try 3/4 to start only because I have no idea, I can figure it out from there. Did my sg look alright or did it not ferment enough? Thanks again.

FG seems good, and it's been stable so I think you're fine

Latest posts

Back