carbonation pellets obsolete for keggers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmythefoot

Reaction score
so i did my experiment of mutons carb tabs and also the wand from a picnic faucet.

no reason for carb tabs. the wand trick i got from here works perfect. waited about 5-6 weeks and popped open a 750ml bottle of blueberry wheat and heard the hiss. got plenty of carbonation bubbles on the side of the glass.

so for all you guys who have kegs and want to store or give some bottles away no reason to do the tabs honestly.

here is a link to the bottling technique from a keg.

by the way thank you bobby for saving me a bunch of money and time with this method.

Last edited by a moderator:
i used carb drops from the fermenter bucket bottles only. i have yet to see how it turns out. i am waiting >30 days. never would use carb drops from the keg method. sorry if it was worded wrong. wand method for the record is solid. removed wand from bottle after filling with 3 psi and topped of the little bit of head space with foam. capped immediately. stuff was perfect after 4+ weeks in the fridge.

Back