Carbonation Drops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanie7

Reaction score
I am wondering if the carbonation drops could be added to my bottling bucket and used for priming or would I be better served by adding regular priming sugar?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Home Brew mobile app

The carbonation drops are intended to be used in place of priming sugar in the bottle only. I don't know how the solid drops would distribute enough sugar throughout your bottling bucket to ensure proper carbonation in each bottle.

FWIW, I've used them for the small amounts of bottling I do with each batch (for gifts and for future comparison to different recipes). In the 12-16 oz bottles, I use one drop and in the larger 22 oz bottles, I use two per bottle with good results.

Carbonation drops can take hours to a day to fully dissolve. Best to just add normal priming sugar and rack on top to evenly distribute. Plus it's a lot cheaper. If you really want to use them, add to the bottles, not the bucket.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back