Carbonating of kegged/bottled brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myron17

Reaction score
I am in the process of kegging 3 gallons of a Belgium ale and putting 2 gallons in bottles. Any recommendations for an amount of priming sugar to use or other tips would be appreciated! When I keg I just carbonate with the co2. I guess I could fill bottles directly from the keg also after carbonating with the co2. Just a little confused on the best route to take. Thanks in advance!

That priming calculator has not let me down yet. Nor have the sugar cubes. I'd only mess with bottling from the keg if you do your research on beerguns (DIY or store bought), or if you follow the instructions of what several other brewers have done in the forums. I have had success bottling from the keg without a beergun and without oxidizing/spoiling the contents...but the bottles were consumed shortly after filling/capping them. If you plan on entering any contests with that, do your homework to maximize the quality of your beer.

That priming calculator has not let me down yet. Nor have the sugar cubes. I'd only mess with bottling from the keg if you do your research on beerguns (DIY or store bought), or if you follow the instructions of what several other brewers have done in the forums. I have had success bottling from the keg without a beergun and without oxidizing/spoiling the contents...but the bottles were consumed shortly after filling/capping them. If you plan on entering any contests with that, do your homework to maximize the quality of your beer.[/QUO

Back