Carbing & Bottling time frame?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad2157

Reaction score
My last batch I brewed I transferred into a corny keg and placed in my refrigerator at 38 degrees to force carbonate. Life got busy and after it was carbed, I didn’t have time to get it bottled immediately afterwards like I usually do. I have been pouring pints off the keg and drinking in the meantime. My question is, will it hurt to bottle this after it has been in the keg for a couple of weeks at 38 degrees? After bottling, it will be kept at room temperature until I get ready to chill and drink it. Will this “skunk” my beer or is that caused from extreme hot and cold temps? I’m just concerned about how it will affect the finished beer.

Last edited:
True "skunking" is caused by light-struck hop compounds. If there's a quality problem bottling from a keg it's typically due to oxidation incurred during the filling; CO2 purging can reduce that risk considerably...

Cheers!

True "skunking" is caused by light-struck hop compounds. If there's a quality problem bottling from a keg it's typically due to oxidation incurred during the filling; CO2 purging can reduce that risk considerably...

Cheers!

Awesome, thanks! I use a counter pressure bottle filler and push straight from the keg with CO2.

Back