Carb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mradicsh

Reaction score
I have done a number of 1 gallon and 5 gallon batches and have never had an issue with carbonation until recently. I have an IPA that I bottled a month ago and have tested a few bottles at the 2 and 3 week mark. I know not to expect them to be ready until at least 3 weeks, but expected some carb and got completely flat beer in both bottles.

Could it be that I did something as simple as forgetting my carb drops if is it still dead flat, not even a hint of carb after 1 month? Can I pop all the remaining bottles and put drops in at this point?

What temp do you store them at?
Maybe try and give them a little tip over a couple of times and then try one after a few days.

What temp do you store them at?
Maybe try and give them a little tip over a couple of times and then try one after a few days.

We keep the upstairs of the house at 70, so they have been sitting at that temp for a month. I gave them a tip over today and was going to give them another few weeks.

Back