CantillonWatch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why? Are they obligated to sell on your schedule or something?
I don't really understand this response. He's not happy because he's far enough away where he needs to plan a trip to the brewery, it sounds like. I don't think he suggested anything about it being unfair or a bad way of doing things - that doesn't mean he has to be happy about it changing, right?

I'm planning to go to cantillon and 3F and then back to Cantillon on a weekday on a weekday next week. Date is not set yet. Anyone up to tag alobg or for a bottle share in either of the places?

What is the guided tour like at cantillon? I noticed they are offering those on fridays and Saturday’s now.

What is the guided tour like at cantillon? I noticed they are offering those on fridays and Saturday’s now.

I've never been, but I'm guessing it's kind of like this

willy-wonka.gif

I've never been, but I'm guessing it's kind of like this

willy-wonka.gif
Beer analogues for the golden ticket winners:
Augustus Gloop: morbidly obese Hoarders member who gets blackout drunk trying to drink the river of Chocolate Rain.
Violet Beauregarde: only drinks beer that tastes like food; turns into a giant vanilla bean drinking the experimental Everlasting Gobshite (tosh).
Veruca Salt: prolific razzler/MBC reseller; gets banned from the Chocolate Factory for continually flouting limits/using grandmules/linecutting, etc.; turns into an empty chair outside Tired Hands.
Mike Teavee: Addicted to ticking new beers on untappd, writing reviews on RateBeer, and standing in line; never looks up from his phone during the tour and ends up in a neverending circular line.

Beer analogues for the golden ticket winners:
Augustus Gloop: morbidly obese Hoarders member who gets blackout drunk trying to drink the river of Chocolate Rain.
Violet Beauregarde: only drinks beer that tastes like food; turns into a giant vanilla bean drinking the experimental Everlasting Gobshite (tosh).
Veruca Salt: prolific razzler/MBC reseller; gets banned from the Chocolate Factory for continually flouting limits/using grandmules/linecutting, etc.; turns into an empty chair outside Tired Hands.
Mike Teavee: Addicted to ticking new beers on untappd, writing reviews on RateBeer, and standing in line; never looks up from his phone during the tour and ends up in a neverending circular line.
legit lol'd

I know that there are some strong feelings about Cantillon's new retail policies, but I do appreciate that theyve allowed Vig, and to a lesser degree St Lam, to last as long as they have - given that the grape harvest last year was less than ideal and less bottles exist becuase of that.

Im on beer y'all, enjoy that run-on sentence.

I know that there are some strong feelings about Cantillon's new retail policies, but I do appreciate that theyve allowed Vig, and to a lesser degree St Lam, to last as long as they have - given that the grape harvest last year was less than ideal and less bottles exist becuase of that.

Im on beer y'all, enjoy that run-on sentence.

I've always known them to be like that though. You could be sitting there for hours and nothing available until suddenly they decide it is. At least "back in the day" (that's not even 2 years ago) they didn't card for an "allotment".

Are you in town Friday? I'll be arriving Thursday morning and staying through Sunday morning if you want to meet up. Cheers
I would...but my plans have just been usurped by "the boss" who apparently doesn't appreciate all the beer trips I've been taking lately.

Latest posts

Back