Can't wait any longer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benwhite22

Reaction score
This is my first batch of beer (pale ale) and after one week in the primary, one week in the secondary and one week in the keg for force carbonating, I can't wait any longer. I'm going to try it tomorrow. It was very clear and smooth and the aroma was great when I put it into the keg a week ago. If it lasts the weekend, I'll have to see if the flavor improves any by aging for another week. So far I am enjoying this hobby very much. (My wife likes it too as it's much cheaper than my other hobby: RC aircraft). Wish me luck.

On the one hand, you need to do quality checks to monitor the process. On the other, drinking large quantities of green beer is rough on the gut.

We'll grant you permission to take a quality control sample under one condition:

Do NOT post immediately afterwards "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY BEER?!"

It's green, know that it's green and that it may be a little harsh... even if it's great right now, it'll get better.

Congratulations, man! :D

I know it's hard but resist the temptation to drink it all, you will thank us later when your beer tastes a million times better.

That said, there is nothing wrong with a sample or two...just to monitor progress and all...really...just a few to monitor...well, okay, maybe I have more than a few "samples"...maybe.

lol... I hope your other batch is ready for secondary REAL SOON cause you're going to TANK that batch. Pick up a 3rd and 4th set of ingredients too while you are at it. Running out and having to wait three weeks for more SUCKS ;)

benwhite22 said:
Yep. Definately too soon. Hopefully I didn't ruin it by force carbonating too soon.

You didn't ruin it. Was it carb'd enough? How was the taste?

I find that when kegging, I can get to enjoying much sooner than bottling. I just tapped a Ordinary Bitters 5 days ago after a 1 week 1 week routine, it tastes different every day and by differeny I mean tons better.

Entitle yourself to a drink or two every day. Even though it won't be perfect...it'll be good and you can learn from the process.

The carb/head was good (carbonated at 26-28 psi at room temp). I'm going to try it again in a few days. Maybe I'll go get some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Sweetwater 420 to compare with.

Back