Can't find oxyclean free anywhere!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jheist

Reaction score
Have looked at Target, Kroger, and even Wal-mart. They only have the Versatile. Any other suggestions? I'm just gonna buy PBW in a few days if I can't find it but would like to save some money.

spitfire

Reaction score
I have always been able to find it at Walmart but for some reason it is always on the bottom shelf.

dutchboy62

Reaction score
should be at every grocery store near the laundry detergent

Clonefarmer

Reaction score
There is a generic brand some dollar stores carry. Check the label/ingredients to see if it's the unscented kind.

DaBearSox

Reaction score
If you can only find the stuff with the blue crystals, its not all bad...Just make sure you rinse well...i have never had a problem

springer

Reaction score
I just bought a tub at Target over the weekend it was on the bottom shelf all by itself . All the other Oxyclean products were at eye level ... makes it seem like the the black sheep of the group

Dave R

Reaction score
"Sun " cleaner at Dollar Tree or dollar general, can't remember which. Same thing and much cheaper.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
"Sun " cleaner at Dollar Tree or dollar general, can't remember which. Same thing and much cheaper.
Thats 2 for Sun then so far :)

Wifey had never tried this stuff for her laundry until I bought it. She now buys it by the ton, so it doesn't even turn up on my brewing expenses. :D

OP
J

jheist

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! I'll check for Sun and the bottom shelves, if I don't find it then I head over to the dollar store.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Just found it on sale today at my local grocery (Dominick's in the Chicago area; Safeway owns them.)