Canning your HB? $$$$$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saucebag

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So if you wanted to can your homebrew, it seems outrageously expensive compared to bottling. Is this an accurate representation? its too bad, i like cans. easy to store, move, cooler, etc.. and in Florida, take to the beach.
thoughts??

So if you wanted to can your homebrew, it seems outrageously expensive compared to bottling. Is this an accurate representation? its too bad, i like cans. easy to store, move, cooler, etc.. and in Florida, take to the beach.
thoughts??
Just recycle some sparkling water plastic bottles for the beach.

It certainly is more expensive, but I can’t consume all the beer I brew so I give a lot away, and that’s where it pays off for me.

Emily Bottle Capper | MoreBeer
I recommend paying the few extra bucks for a bench capper

https://www.morebeer.com/products/monster-bench-bottle-capper.html
If I had to use one of those two-handed awkward things to cap beer, I'd probably have moved to kegging long ago.

Can't say anything for canning other than the start up costs are prohibitive. Perhaps a can might be safer. But I've not broken a bottle yet nor had a bottle bomb.

If canning becomes your thing, it won't matter one bit to me, I'll drink beer from it....after I pour it into a glass. Just like I do for bottles.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of the crowlers and will mark the bottom if I get them back clean (usually do) and toss them after 3 uses. Occasionally they don’t seal after that. Talking short term use though, like a growler.

I too give a lot away and canning makes it way easier (no glass, 4 or 6 top can carriers). I also love designing labels and the huge ones for the 16 ouncers are really cool.

Back