canadian supplies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerorwine

Reaction score
Am gaining experience with kits but were can i find good ingredients at good prices in canada to try to get into "brewing"?
am in NewBrunswick and dont want to pay import tax from the USA.

Mash heads looks like a great site but am interested in trying a wheat/white hoegarden style of brew. and struggin to find ingredients? mash heads site is no good, any suggestions?
is a brew of this style a challenge for a beginner?
some guidence would be v.much appreciated.

Actually, we have a nice wheat beer kit that is probably just what you are looking for to get started. $18.25. I am really pleased with the Danstar Munich yeast, and would recommend that as your first upgrade - it produces nice Hoegarden-style flavours. I don't carry any whealt malt DME, but could get some in if there was interest.

Good luck and welcome to brewing!

Thanks for the tip on the wheat beet. its the MORGANS, right??
it looks like a "open can, add hot water, ferment, bottle, wait and drink. right?
am lookin for a start in "brewing" but dont know what recipe to start with and alot of the ingredients i look for are missing from lots of the canadain sites that im lookin at.
i have picked a brewing book that i think i need to read to understand the basic terms and jargon to beable to make a decition.

You're right - it is an add water and stir kit. Those kits are a simple place to start. Generally, they are liquid malt extract with hop extract added to them. They come with a package of yeast. You can then make more customized beers by getting your own malt extract and adding your own hops, yeast and even grains.

anyone ordered anthing from Skinaney? I have sent them a couple emails from addresses off their site and haven't heard back.

A lookin for WHEAT MALT EXTRACT, and the struggle continues.
homebrew-supplies.ca is the best iv seen, but still no wheat!!
why is this such a head ache, ...this is not a "fun" hobbie, not were i come from anyway.....

Due to popular demand! We are adding Muntons Wheat Spraymalt for $4.99 a pound. This is a DME imported from England. We should have it up on our site tonight.

Back