Can you recommend a Imperial Stourt PM kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alabamy

Reaction score
I am a new brewer, I actually did my first batch yesterday; True Brew Nut Brown Ale: Mash-Extract using Danstar Nottingham yeast in place of the Munton's and with an addition of 1 oz of coffee beans at flameout. I have another Mash Extract kit from True Brew (Amber Ale) but then I want to try an Imperial Ale kit. I know TB makes one but it seems like there are lots of different options out there.

Does any one have a recommendation for the best Imperial Stout Mash Extract kit? What makes it the best one in your opinion? I would love some suggestions. My LHB store only carries True Brew so it will save me some shipping costs. I am sort of leaning towards trying a kit that isn't True Brew just for variety but if that is in fact a good option I will go with it. Thanks.

Search the recipe forum for something like "Kate the Great - OFFICIAL". I made that recipe almost two years ago and still have some. It gets better every year. Cheers!

Oh - FYI, it's not a kit, but somewhere in the recipe thread is an extract conversion, and you can get all the ingredients at your LHBS, I bet.

Back