Can you dry hop after carbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shlap

Reaction score
My ESB doesn't have as much aroma as I'd like. Would dry hopping work after it's already carbonated in the keg?

I've never done it, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. Do you have a fine bag for the hops, or a metal "tea ball" type strainer? I would think that's all you'd need.

I've never done it, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. Do you have a fine bag for the hops, or a metal "tea ball" type strainer? I would think that's all you'd need.

3" Herb ball from Austin Home Brew will work great. I carb & dry hop all the time.

How long do you wait from the time you put it in untill consumption?

Also, can you just leave it in there until the keg is empty?

Sometimes, I'll re-hop a partial keg after 5-6 months, because the aroma is fading. I just bag the hops and give it a week before putting it back online.

Sometimes, I'll re-hop a partial keg after 5-6 months, because the aroma is fading. I just bag the hops and give it a week before putting it back online.

Do you leave the hops in while serving? Or just put in for a week and remove --

Yes it will. I do it with my IPA's. I put a SureScreen on the bottom of the dip tube to keep it from clogging the faucet.

Short of that, I remember hearing about a method where you can suspend the hop bag/ball from the keg lid and weight the bag so that it won't sink to the bottom OR float to the top.

Back